MIDI port vi Serial port

Post by Aldoliu Cha » Mon, 10 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
   I am now using Roland SC-88VL with my 486 DX2-66, sometimes i playing
midi with huge of channels (such as symphony/overture), some notes are
drop. I am now using MIDI port.

   Should i upgrade my PC? How about via serial port?

Cheers,
Aldoliu Chan

MIDI port vi Serial port

Post by Bret Costi » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Aldoliu -

Quote:> I am now using Roland SC-88VL with my 486 DX2-66, sometimes i playing
> midi with huge of channels (such as symphony/overture), some notes are
> drop. I am now using MIDI port.
>  Should i upgrade my PC? How about via serial port?

Are you sure you aren't exceeding the polyphony of the SC-88?
Depending on how much data you are sending to the SC-88, you
might just be hitting the limitations of the SC-88, and not
the serial port.  I couldn't tell from your message -- are
you now using a MIDI interface and getting better results?

- Bret

1. eVolution mk261 keybd, Win 98 SE, MPU401 serial port input, Roland UM1 USB port input

I am not getting too far in adding these ingredients into a "recipe"
that works.  My MIDI mapping allows me to get as far as recognising
the presence of my USB RolandUM1 interface to an external keyboard;
but time and again "MMSYSTEM003 driver not enabled" appears.  The
MPU401 driver is not recognised at all, and the new hardware search
fails to detect an input thro the joystick port.  Each of the drivers
when looked at under CP/System/Device Manager has a yellow disc
containing an exclamation mark - and when examined, says that there is
a problem but it does not know what the problem is!  Anyone else been
down this road?  :))

2. Question about CorelDraw 3.0

3. Joystick / Midi-port for my Toshiba Tecra 8200 Port Replicator

4. SLIP Software??

5. MIDI port + SB16 port???

6. Need Help on using ppchtex with latex2e !

7. mac midi problems(serial port)

8. N64 Emu Private Project

9. MIDI in/out through a serial port on a PC?

10. Newbie Question on OS-X MIDI Input via Serial Port

11. Switching Mac Serial Port betw. MIDI & Printer

12. help? Serial port connection for midi?