Help Newbie with MIDI Setup, please!

Post by Kenz » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Neil,
   I don't have my Cakewalk ProAudio in front of me here so I'll try
from memory.
   Firstly, your MIDI OUT part of the cable has got to connect to the
MIDI IN into the PSR, and the MIDI IN of the cable has got to connect to
the MIDI OUT of the PSR.
     Next, set your PSR's MIDI RECIEVE channel to something that you
remember, like "1".  Now set MIDI THROUGH in Cakewalk to ON and MIDI OUT
to all channels or channel 1.
     Lastly, call Cakewalk Tech support for help if it still doesn't
work.

LAter,
-Kenz-

> Hi, my name is Neil and I want to set up my MIDI keyboard with my computer. I
> purchased a cable to connect through my joystick port, and hooked everything
> up fine. I can play MIDI *TO* my keyboard, but I can't figure out how to get
> the MIDI OUT from the keyboard to show up in Cakewalk (or any program for that
> matter). I know this may be a very simple question, but I'm at a loss. PLEASE
> HELP!

1. Newbie Midi Setup HELP!!

Hello,

I have a Yamaha midi keyboard and would like to hook it up to my
computer to write sheet music through MusicWrite software.  I am told I
have to buy a midi "hub" with a new sound card for the computer.  The
cheapest setup I have seen is around $ 200 bucks installed.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks, Glenn

Thanks

2. Exporting eps to adobe

3. Help please with 32 track midi setup

4. SNMP v1 providers ?

5. Very challenging MIDI setup - can you please help?

6. PLEASE HELP!!!: how to recover from bad passwd file (HP-UX 10.01)

7. HELP PLEASE!! - CUBASE/TAHITI/DB50XG MIDI SETUP!

8. Anyone have the WPOS2 interim release?

9. Win95 Midi Setup - PLEASE HELP!

10. Newbie - Initial setup help

11. Help a MIDI newbie - hardware suggestions please

12. Help with setup, please??