MP3 to MID?

Post by Sven Olensk » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi.

I wonder if theres no .WAV to .MID converter util out there in the whole
wide networld.

Why is this? I am desperatly seeking for a solution how to get MP3 files
converted to MID, or, MP3 to WAV and then to MID.

Or isnt this possible, MP3 somehow get converted to MID?

Thanks for your help in advance,

Greetings from Germany,

S. Olensky.
--
Sven Olensky  *               Communication Engineering

--                  ----                             --
"Thou canst not kill that which doth not live ... but you
can blast it into chunky kibbles... " .. Q. manual
--

MP3 to MID?

Post by Kenz » Wed, 25 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hmmmm,
    that's a tough one.  OK, you can use a program (don't know the name,
a friend showed it to me) to convert an MP3 file to .WAV format.
You can then use several other simpler programs to convert from .WAV to
MID.  Cakewalk Pro Audio 6.0 also does this type of conversion but the
.WAV has to be in Mono.
     All the programs are available on the net, free or not.  Cakewalk
is, of course, commercial so you have to buy it.

Later,
-Kenz-

Quote:

> I wonder if theres no .WAV to .MID converter util out there in the whole
> wide networld.

> Why is this? I am desperatly seeking for a solution how to get MP3 files
> converted to MID, or, MP3 to WAV and then to MID.

> Or isnt this possible, MP3 somehow get converted to MID?

MP3 to MID?

Post by Thomas Greute » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi Sven,

In general, it's not possible to convert WAV to MIDI. Have a look at the
way these formats store sounds (WAV, or not sounds for MIDI), and my answer
is clear as water to you.
If your WAV contains sound of a single instrument, it is possible to
convert this to MIDI. I think there is a converter for guitar somewhere.

Thomas

> Hi.

> I wonder if theres no .WAV to .MID converter util out there in the whole
> wide networld.

> Why is this? I am desperatly seeking for a solution how to get MP3 files
> converted to MID, or, MP3 to WAV and then to MID.

> Or isnt this possible, MP3 somehow get converted to MID?

> Thanks for your help in advance,

> Greetings from Germany,

> S. Olensky.
> --
> Sven Olensky  *               Communication Engineering

> --                  ----                             --
> "Thou canst not kill that which doth not live ... but you
> can blast it into chunky kibbles... " .. Q. manual
> --

MP3 to MID?

Post by Jeff » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

<<<<<<snip>>>>>>>>

Quote:> Hi Sven,

> In general, it's not possible to convert WAV to MIDI. Have a look at the
> way these formats store sounds (WAV, or not sounds for MIDI), and my
answer
> is clear as water to you.
> If your WAV contains sound of a single instrument, it is possible to
> convert this to MIDI. I think there is a converter for guitar somewhere.

> Thomas

Actually, there is.....in a limited way.  Logic Audio can convert .wav
sounds (mono only) to midi by analyzing the frequencies.  However, it's not
a cheap program.

Jeff

MP3 to MID?

Post by Trem » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

It would be virtually impossible (or at least very difficult with a
extremely strong machine and some amazing code) to do this.  The
reason is that WAV's and MP3's are just one big long digital audio
sample.  A MIDI file is simply a set of instructions that tells the
hardware what note to play, how long to play it, and how loud, etc...

You can't convert one sample into a set of instructions that will play
back many samples.  The day someone writes a program that can...

1)  take individual sounds from a WAV file and create many samples
2)  Analyze the WAV file and determine the frequencies of each
instrument and converting it to MIDI notation

I will eat my keyboard.

-Tremlo

>Hi.

>I wonder if theres no .WAV to .MID converter util out there in the whole
>wide networld.

>Why is this? I am desperatly seeking for a solution how to get MP3 files
>converted to MID, or, MP3 to WAV and then to MID.

>Or isnt this possible, MP3 somehow get converted to MID?

>Thanks for your help in advance,

>Greetings from Germany,

>S. Olensky.
>--
>Sven Olensky  *               Communication Engineering

>--                  ----                             --
>"Thou canst not kill that which doth not live ... but you
>can blast it into chunky kibbles... " .. Q. manual
>--

1. Convert .WAV or. MP3 in .MID ?/ Convertir .WAV ou. MP3 en .MID ?

Hi !

Could Ya help me ?

How can I convert WAVES (.WAV) files or MPEG LAYER 3 (.MP3) files in MIDI
(.MID) format ?

Which software using ?

THANX

Salut !

Comment faire pour convertir des fichiers WAVES (.WAV) ou MPEG LAYER 3 (.MP3)
en fichiers MIDI (.MID) ?

Quel(s) logiciel(s) utiliser ?

MERCI !

2. mySQL Replication with failure recovery

3. Karaoke with MP3, CD, MID, KAR, XM... is now possible !

4. How to use AppleScript to make a large mail message into smaller segments?

5. Mid To Wav/Mp3 Free

6. 'My Documents Folder'

7. Super Mp3 Recorder: Record whatever you hear into Mp3 or wav files!

8. VXWORKS : Modem connectivity

9. Second attempt at mp3's this time on mp3.com

10. How to convert wav to mp3 and mp3 to wav?