I am looking for HELP with MIDI project

Post by Vadi » Wed, 03 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi !!
I have to do some project that based on MIDI.
In this project I have to implement some kind of "lights" music,
according to the MIDI file (There will be three different lights on
screen that should be turn on and off according to the music)
My question is : Is anybody know, what is the basic idea of translating
the notes into the lights (in hardware devices, like on disco, the
lights depend on frequency of the input current). I also think it is
quite simmilar to the graphic analyser (like for example in Cubic
player), but I don't know the principle of this.
TIA

                                Vadim

                                            _____
                  ___    ________ _____________(_)
                  __ |  / /_  __ `/______  /__  / _______ ___
                  __ | / / / /_/ / _  __  / _  /  __  __ `__ \
                  __ |/ /  \__,_/  / /_/ /  /_/   _  / / / / /
                  _____/           \__,_/         /_/ /_/ /_/

Post by Esh » Thu, 04 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>Hi !!
>I have to do some project that based on MIDI.
>In this project I have to implement some kind of "lights" music,
>according to the MIDI file (There will be three different lights on
>screen that should be turn on and off according to the music)
>My question is : Is anybody know, what is the basic idea of translating
>the notes into the lights (in hardware devices, like on disco, the
>lights depend on frequency of the input current). I also think it is
>quite simmilar to the graphic analyser (like for example in Cubic
>player), but I don't know the principle of this.
>TIA

>                                Vadim

Sounds very much like a program that you can donwload from my homepage
called Midiart. Check it out.....

Esh !

"Esh !" Web Page:
http://www.savannahdigital.com/esh/
featuring Streaming Real Audio

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture"
Laurie Anderson