Big Band sounds in wav format?

Post by noel » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 14:11:28

I would like to find big band brass and reed samples in wav or such
format that I could use in my seq/loop program. Soundfonts just don't
seem to sound real enough, atleast the ones i've heard. Can someone help
me out here?

1. Big Band sound module recommendation?

Can anyone recommend a sound module for a MIDI keyboard
that has *decent* trumpet, trombone, and saxophone sounds?
While I probably can't afford the quality level in which
you couldn't tell the difference between the sound module
and the acoustic instruments, I also don't want the
quality so low that a passage (controlled by computer
sequencer program to the MIDI keyboard and sound module)
is going to sound cheesy.  It should sound realistic, at least.  Less $$
is better, of course.

Thanks for any advice,

Paul Rinzler
Lecturer
University of California
Santa Cruz

2. VerseWise Bible announcement

3. wav format to midi format

4. Dropdown list behavior

5. Software that converts from wav format to midi format??

6. Uploading Programs to PPC problems

7. Recording a midi file from the output of my sound card onto "wav" format

8. RecognizE this game?PLease.

9. INS File Format ?

10. ATTN:Luud --- Cakewalk INS file for Korg NS5R - ns5r.ins (1/1)

11. ATTN:Luud --- Cakewalk INS file for Korg NS5R - ns5r.ins (0/1)

12. BAND-IN-A-BOX: PC/MAC file formats

13. Inexpensive sound card with many Midi ins/outs?