SMF 1 -> SMF 0 and SMF 0 -> SMF 1

Post by Nathan Seal » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I have recently bought the new Casio CTK 811 EX which has a disk drive but
only accepts  midi files in SMF0 is there any simple program available to
convert SMF1 to SMF0 files.
Thanks

SMF 1 -> SMF 0 and SMF 0 -> SMF 1

Post by Guenter Nagle » Wed, 09 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> I have recently bought the new Casio CTK 811 EX which has a disk drive but
> only accepts  midi files in SMF0 is there any simple program available to
> convert SMF1 to SMF0 files.
> Thanks

e.g. http://www.iicm.edu/Cpub

Win95:   gnmidi   (single files but easy)

DOS/Win95 DOS box:   midi1to0, midi0to1     (Dos commandline, single
file)

DOS/Win95 DOS box:   m1to0.bat, m0to1.bat  (requires midi1to0 and
midi0to1, converts current directory *.mid files at once)

How to convert whole directory *.mid in Win95:
move or copy the 4 programs midi1to0.exe, midi0to1.exe,
m1to0.bat,m0to1.bat into a new directory for conversions (e.g.
c:\midiutil )
move or copy the midi files into same directory and start m0to1.bat or
m1to0.bat  (depending what you want as result, easy click on explorer )
results are in subfolder "result".
move the midi files away for next conversion task.

other (e.g. Unix, Atari):   compile C++ sources for your system with g++
        (only for experienced users!)

1. convert SMF meta event to <anything>?

I'm seeking software (hopefully inexpensive) to convert MIDI meta events,
contained in an SMF (Standard MIDI File), to some other MIDI event, like
notes, controllers, or (less desireable) SysEx.  I also need conversion
in the other direction.

The application is to take annotated files from Cakewalk's "In Concert"
auto-accompaniment software, convert their meta events to something
"conventional", edit the file with a sequencer (which doesn't understand
the particular meta events used by "In Concert"), reconvert back to
the original meta events, and use the new file in "In Concert" once again.

Unfortunately, I have not yet seen what the meta events actually contain.
My guess is that they are very short (few bytes), giving me hope that
they could be converted to notes or controller messages.

I'd appreciate hearing your ideas.  Thanks in advance.

2. rpc over serial ?

3. MC-50 <-> SMF...Need Conversion PGM!

4. FS: A1200 w/fpu and clock

5. SMF programming question: RIFF vs MThd chunk ID

6. c & c++ compiler for psion

7. Question on Parsing Type 1 SMF Files

8. FS: External SCSI Pioneer CD drive and external SCSI Case (CDN/USA)

9. digitalized sound SMF embedded

10. Sequencer software for SMF files?

11. Roland MC-50 files back to SMF?

12. SMF midi compiler in Ruby

13. Newbie question: What is the "SMF" data instruction?