midi loopback test

Post by Franc Zabka » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 06:53:18

Can anyone point me to a generic DOS or Windows based midi loopback
test utility? Better still, does anyone know how to send a specific
byte to the midi port, ie by directly accessing a certain register(s)?
I would like to send an "alternate ones and zeroes" bit pattern to the
port so that I can see a stable, repetitive, triggerable oscilloscope
trace. I particularly want to check the squareness of the optocoupler
outputs.

-- Franc Zabkar

midi loopback test

Post by Michael R. Kest » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 10:24:47

>Can anyone point me to a generic DOS or Windows based midi loopback
>test utility? Better still, does anyone know how to send a specific
>byte to the midi port, ie by directly accessing a certain register(s)?
>I would like to send an "alternate ones and zeroes" bit pattern to the
>port so that I can see a stable, repetitive, triggerable oscilloscope
>trace. I particularly want to check the squareness of the optocoupler
>outputs.

Any sequencer that can send MIDI clock, which is most all of them,
transmits the character 0xF8 24 times per quarter note at the current
tempo.  At 120 BPM, then, the character is transmitted every 20.84
milliseconds.

If that won't do, see http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/ for examples of
everything MIDI.

          Michael Kesti            |  "And like, one and one don't make
                                   |   two, one and one make one."

1. Which Midi loopback to use with Logic on Win2K?

Hi,

i need a Midi-Loopback Software for my win2k (SP2) machine.

I tried Hubi's, but there doesn't seem to be a Win2k Version of the
software.

I tried "midi yoke" and "midi replicator driver", but there is a
memory-leak problme with logic audio (Version Logic Audio Platinum
5.1.0).

So who has some experience with a good tool?

Another thing is the memory leak. In Logic Audio there is the display
of Free Memory right below the BPM-display. It shows something like
5600000 and the value normally doesn't change. But with midi yoke or
midi replication driver installed, the value is constantly getting
lower like a countdown, and display starts flickering.

Any ideas? Do you need more information about my configuration?

Thank you

Marc

2. Nederlands woordenboek

3. cakewalk & rebirth midi loopback?

4. Wanted: Mac Sequencer for OLD machines

5. Using hubi's midi loopback to convert controllers

6. I'd like database integration... help?

7. Midi Loopback in Win 2000 ??

8. Expansion/Mezzanine Bus Information

9. MIDI loopback on NT/2000?

10. configuring MIDI loopback on PC?