MIDI Newbie

Post by Godd » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:23:01

Greetings all:

OK, I'm taking the plunge. My mother recently gave me her Casio ct6000
keyboard, circa 1985. It does have MIDI in and out.

My question is this: Where do you recommend a bumbling musician with no

2000, Creative SB installed with which to interface.

thx in advance.
Dell

MIDI Newbie

Post by Nick Whi » Wed, 13 Mar 2002 03:11:44

something
......and in reply I say!:

AHAH! You did start a new thread. See my reply to your other query <G>

>Greetings all:

>OK, I'm taking the plunge. My mother recently gave me her Casio ct6000
>keyboard, circa 1985. It does have MIDI in and out.

>My question is this: Where do you recommend a bumbling musician with no

>2000, Creative SB installed with which to interface.

>thx in advance.
>Dell

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

(please remove ns from my header email address to reply)
....damn spam

    !!
   <")
   _/ )
   (   )
  _//- \__/

The part of you that I hate is the part of you that
hates the part of me that hates the part of you that
hates me for hating the part of you that I hate.

1. Mac MIDI newbie questions...

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to accomplish a few things on a MIDI system and need some
help, as I've never done this before. Here's what I want to do:

A. Be able to play notes on a keyboard and have them automatically
enter themselves on a sequencing program on my Mac
B. Listen to one or more already recorded tracks and record new data
from the keyboard (like laying down a bass line, then adding melody on
top of it while listening to the bass line)
C. Since I really don't have any keyboard training, I'd like the
sequencing program to "snap" my notes to a particular resolution, say
16th notes. I'd then like to be able to move notes and measures around
so that everything lines up and sounds good.
D. I'd like to convert my song to an MP3 or a Quicktime track (this
kinda goes without saying)

I've got the following equipment available already:
- Either a G4 mac running OS 10.2, or a G3 running OS 9.2
- A MIDI keyboard (Yamaha PSR-282)
- A USB MIDI interface box (midiman Midisport 2x2)

My questions are:
1. What is the best interface software for my situation (like OMS,
freeMIDI?)
2. What is the software package that would best fit my recording
requirements?
3. Any other advice?

Thanks - I know I'm asking a lot, but I figure this is the group to
help!!

-Jeff Swayze

PS - if there's another newsgroup that I should post to, please let me
know.

2. What happened to Lunatic?

3. MIDI newbie question

4. Midi Files

5. MIDI NEWBIE

6. How to send reply mail for Incoming mail

7. Midi Newbie question

8. Free Web-based Unix Network mgmt software - Big Brother

9. Help for Roland/MIDI newbie!

10. MIDI Newbie

11. Cannot record in Metro5/Mac (MIDI Newbie)

12. MacOS & MIDI newbie help needed

13. REQ: Help for a MIDI newbie (.SBK etc.)