Koan Pro upgrade, I'm curious

Post by Bill Willia » Tue, 13 May 1997 04:00:00

I understand the upgrade to the Koan Pro authoring tool will be out in
a month or two.

Just wondering if anyone has heard  what form it's likely to take.

One of the nice things for me about the existing Koan Pro is that it
has a well organised manual (you know, those random access, portable,
high contrast media resources we used to be dependent on before help
files took over).

By going over to Drag 'n Drop the Koan X tools have largely avoided
the need for detailed manuals etc (and in the process been eminently
suitable for online sale) but I'm curious to know whether the new Koan
Pro is likely to go down that road or has continued to develop along
the lines of the  original. (which is something of a classic but can
be irritating at times)

Billy

1. Curious Questions?'s!?

Hi:

I have some questions regarding electronics.

I hope I am posting to the correct group.

1. MIDI is a digital entity. What is the analog equivalent of MIDI?

2. A wavetable is a digital entity. What is the analog equivalent of a
wavetable?

NOTE for ?'s 3 and 4: A CD uses bit-resolution and sampling rates.
What would an analog cassette use in place of bit-resolution and
sampling rates.

3. Bit-resolution is a digital entity. What is the analog equivalent
of bit-resolution?

4. Sampling rate is a digital entity. What is the analog equivalent of
sampling rate?

5. Bits are digital. What is the analog equivalent of bits?

6. PCM is a digital entity. What is the analog equivalent of PCM?

NOTE: Question 7-9 relate to visual equivalents of their audio
counterparts. PCM video is the visual equivalent of PCM audio. A video
cassete is the visual equivalent of an audio cassete.

7. MIDI is an acoustic entity. What is the visual equivalent of MIDI?

8. FM synthesizer is an acoustic entity. What is the visual equivalent
of an FM synthesizer?

9. Wavetable is an acoustic entity. What is the visual equivalent of a
wavetable?

Note: The following questions relate to films.

10. Old black and white films store audio as an analog optical
patterns, right?

10a. What part of the equipment records the analog optical audio on to
the film?

10b. How does this part record the analog optical information on the
film?

The following questions relate to radio:

11. Can magnetic disruptions from outer space cause sine-wave tones on
the AM radio?

11a. Can magnetic disruptions from outer space cause sine-wave tones
on the long-wave AM stations?

11b. Can magnetic disruptions from outer space cause ultrasonic
sine-wave tones on the AM radio?

11c. Can magnetic disruptions from outer space cause ultrasonic
sine-wave tones on long-wave AM stations?

The following questions relate to BOSE speakers:

12. How do BOSE speaker produce sound?

12a. Why do they sound more pleasant than regular speakers?

The following question relate to signal processing:

13. How does Environment Signal Processing work? [Cakewalk Pyro uses
it]

13a. How does it differ from Digital Signal Processing?

The following questions relate to sound processing:

14. Is there any equipment that will eliminate hissing, crackling,
clicking, human sounds [speech, humming, singing, screaming, moaning,
words, etc.], and harsh instruments [kicks, snare, cymbals, crashes,
etc.] while preserving the treble and not adding bass?

14a. What is [are] its [their] name[s]?

14b. Where can I find it [them]?

2. NT and WM_LBUTTONDOWN

3. KOAN: Awe32 blues, and upgrades

4. Mortgage Amortization-MSM99

5. SALE (updated): After Upgrade Sale (PC's and MIDI's)

6. FA: White Westell DSL Modem $5.00

7. SALE: After Upgrade Sale (PC's and MIDI's)

8. IOS Upgrade for Cisco 1003? (Newbie help)

9. SSEYO Koan Pro now available for the Power Mac !

10. Koan Pro 2 users

11. Koan Pro on Macintosh

12. Koan Pro support for non GM devices

13. Koan Pro 2