BA MicroMedia or ACS48

Post by ramzin » Sat, 24 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I've narrowed my PC speaker search down to these two:

Altec Lansing's ACS48 (2speakers + sub) about $120
Boston Acoustics' MicroMedia (2speakers +sub) about $150

I'm planning to use my PC mostly for Music/MIDI apps (not a whole lot of
*). I am looking for deep lows and crisp highs (who isn't!)
Which of the two is a better choice? The ACS48 have a response of
35Hz-20KHz and the BA's have a frequency response of 50Hz-20KHz.
What do these numbers translate into in terms of real sound?

Also can i find the BA's cheaper anyplace else? ($150 is on the BA
website)

Appreciate any help/suggestions. Thanks!

-Raam
shroom900 at yahoo dot com

BA MicroMedia or ACS48

Post by ROBERT MEADO » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

My Xitel Platinum, through it's optical out, is connected to my receiver.
No need for shitty PC speakers here.  Try it.

BA MicroMedia or ACS48

Post by Tal Rhe » Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Both are amazing speakers.  I personally own the ACS-48's and heartily
recommend them.  I have also heard really good things about the Micromedias,
and suspect they are the higher-end speaker.  Don't buy either until you
have personally heard them both.  I would recommend stopping at your local
computer/music store and asking for a demo of both the speakers.  Also, read
some reviews on the net for second opinions.  That said, I don't think you
would be disappointed with either set.  Good luck.

Tal.

>I've narrowed my PC speaker search down to these two:

>Altec Lansing's ACS48 (2speakers + sub) about $120
>Boston Acoustics' MicroMedia (2speakers +sub) about $150

>I'm planning to use my PC mostly for Music/MIDI apps (not a whole lot of
>*). I am looking for deep lows and crisp highs (who isn't!)
>Which of the two is a better choice? The ACS48 have a response of
>35Hz-20KHz and the BA's have a frequency response of 50Hz-20KHz.
>What do these numbers translate into in terms of real sound?

>Also can i find the BA's cheaper anyplace else? ($150 is on the BA
>website)

>Appreciate any help/suggestions. Thanks!

>-Raam
>shroom900 at yahoo dot com

1. Altec Lansing ACS48 or ADA305???

Does anybody have an opinion out there about the sound quality offered
by both the Altec Lansing ACS48 and ADA305?  I want a GREAT sounding
speaker set with CHEST THUMPING bass and I've decided that I want either
the ACS48 or the ADA305.  I've read many, many, many reviews on websites
and some say the ADA305 is great, some say it is not.  However, everyone
says the ACS48 is great.  Is the ADA305 really better or is it just an
overrated set with a whole bunch of nonessential bells and whistles?  I
intend to use this set for mainly music playback (CD's and MP3's).  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
Phil

2. new version of HyperDisk Cache Prgm?

3. Diff between TA90-BA/TA90E-BA

4. SCSI II

5. HOTLIST:QA;BA;Java;Sr Sap Abap;PM;SQLSSRS ;BA ; Informatica;Consultants Available from TRELLISTECHSOL

6. need txt2Node.bas & .ba for J

7. De-compile a BAS file (BA)

8. TriForma Array Tool (Array.ba) - array.BA (0/1)

9. ---> .BAS.... How is a bas exicuted??

10. looking: Lander.bas & Ghost.bas

11. Acecape DSL (A BA Partner) cannot effectively resolve matters with BA!