MIDI songwriter needed

Post by Mel » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:38:10

Okay, here's the deal:

I have an assessment this semester for uni which requires me to
construct a very complex Logic environment around a MIDI song of my
choice.  Most of us wanted to write our own songs for this assignment,
but time constraints are making this difficult (impossible), and now the
search is on for a suitable song.

I could just take any old MIDI file off the net, but I'd like to use an
original piece of material, perhaps something that one of you has
created.  You would have to be cool with someone else having arrangement
privilages on your song, as I will have to do a bit of editing,
filtering, and tweaking as I see fit.

So, if anyone has a song they'd like me to consider, please email me a

choose your song, I won't be able to pay you, but I'll provide you with
a CD of the audio arrangement that I  submit for assessment, and of
course you'll get credit for your intellectual property.

Because of the nature of the assignment, repetitive dance tracks are
particularly welcome (think Chemical Brothers)-- it doesn't have to be
fancy; in fact, simplicity is good.

Please note: if you do send me an .lso file, I will be deleting your
existing environment, so don't get too attached to it.  :-)

Thanks for your help.

Mel

--
stalk me:
http://melmaples.livejournal.com/

MIDI songwriter needed

Post by Ted Ashkenaz » Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:10:03

Pardon my ignorance... But what does "tweaking" mean?

T.A.

                                                    o0o

Post by Mel » Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:43:03

> Pardon my ignorance... But what does "tweaking" mean?

*laugh*

"Tweaking" is the art of making small adjustments.

HTH

Mel

--
stalk me:
http://melmaples.livejournal.com/

1. New Midi/Songwriter magazine seeks writers.

   A new online magazine for midi artists and songwriters is underway!
Currently it is a non-profit organization, but we plan to start making money
just as soon as we get advertisers and the like. The magazine will cover all
aspects of midi composing as well as other song formats, engineering
techniques, product evaluations, cartoons and an original song collection
sent with every issue. This will most likely be an HTML document for now,
but we intend to make it in C++ form just as soon as we get an established
team together. Contact me if your interested. Send something that resembles
a resume, the area your interested in and a brief reason why you want in to:

We are also taking advertising proposals, so feel free!!!

2. Ipaq AC adapter in UK

3. Thank you from new songwriter......

4. parsing a where clause

5. ADV: demo version of new notation product for guitarists and songwriters available for download

6. Win2K Server Resource Kit, please

7. attn: composers/songwriters

8. MINIX on a '386?

9. Q: Roland Singer Songwriter Windows GI Demo

10. Seeking k12 Songwriters & Composers

11. oVerduB: new site seeking links to other songwriters on the net

12. If you want to write be a hit songwriter