MIDI programming using C++

Post by Fergal Mora » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
I am a Visual C++ programmer who is interested in programming MIDI using
C++.  Does anyone know of any resources out there detailing how to read and
write MIDI files.

Cheers,

Fergal

MIDI programming using C++

Post by Paul Messic » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I am a Visual C++ programmer who is interested in programming MIDI using
> C++.  Does anyone know of any resources out there detailing how to read and
> write MIDI files.

> Cheers,

> Fergal

See my book, Maximum MIDI. Also, Jeff Glatt's web page
(http://www.borg.com/~jglatt) has some info on the subject.

Paul

Maximum MIDI: Music Applications in C++ ISBN:1-884777-44-9

MIDI programming using C++

Post by Berthold Josep » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:49:42 -0000, "Fergal Moran"

>Hi,
>I am a Visual C++ programmer who is interested in programming MIDI using
>C++.  Does anyone know of any resources out there detailing how to read and
>write MIDI files.

A few days ago, I've bought "Tim Kientzle: A Programmer's Guide to
Sound". It includes about 50 pages about MIDI comes along with a CD
with the C++ sources, Visual C++ 4.2 or 5.0
I've not checked it yet, but it seems to be a good one.
(I hadn't found good sources on the web.)

cu

Berthold

MIDI programming using C++

Post by Mike Le Vo » Fri, 20 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Go to Gunter Nagler's home page - take the link off my MIDI TOOLS home page
- see below. He has lots of utilities - most of them with source code!

If you want easy to understand code (sic) - look at the FREE VB3 and VB5
code on my page - Visual Basic is easy to understand - yeah right :-)

Cheers,

Mike Le Voi
Author of VBSYX - The XG/GS SYSEX Encoder/Decoder for Windows
Visit my GS-XG-AWE MIDI Home Page: http://modemss.brisnet.org.au/~mlevoi

Quote:> Hi,
> I am a Visual C++ programmer who is interested in programming MIDI using
> C++.  Does anyone know of any resources out there detailing how to read
and
> write MIDI files.

> Cheers,

> Fergal

MIDI programming using C++

Post by Guenter Nagle » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I am a Visual C++ programmer who is interested in programming MIDI using
> C++.  Does anyone know of any resources out there detailing how to read and
> write MIDI files.

http://fiicmhm02.tu-graz.ac.at/Cpub  midi file reader/writer (midiio)

it is free for private use and also if your program is free for others,
(read copyright/distribution of page)

Guenter

MIDI programming using C++

Post by twelc » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Get the book Borland C++ Multimedia Programming from, published by Sybex books.

> Go to Gunter Nagler's home page - take the link off my MIDI TOOLS home page
> - see below. He has lots of utilities - most of them with source code!

> If you want easy to understand code (sic) - look at the FREE VB3 and VB5
> code on my page - Visual Basic is easy to understand - yeah right :-)

> Cheers,

> Mike Le Voi
> Author of VBSYX - The XG/GS SYSEX Encoder/Decoder for Windows
> Visit my GS-XG-AWE MIDI Home Page: http://modemss.brisnet.org.au/~mlevoi

> > Hi,
> > I am a Visual C++ programmer who is interested in programming MIDI using
> > C++.  Does anyone know of any resources out there detailing how to read
> and
> > write MIDI files.

> > Cheers,

> > Fergal

MIDI programming using C++

Post by Bret Costi » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Get the book Borland C++ Multimedia Programming from, published
> by Sybex books.

No contest!   If you want to do Windows MIDI programming, get a
copy of "Maximum MIDI: Music Applications in C++" by Paul Messick.
For info, go to:

    http://www.manning.com/Messick/599.html

Regards,
Bret

MIDI programming using C++

Post by Oliver Sampso » Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> > Get the book Borland C++ Multimedia Programming from, published
> > by Sybex books.

> No contest!   If you want to do Windows MIDI programming, get a
> copy of "Maximum MIDI: Music Applications in C++" by Paul Messick.
> For info, go to:

>     http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Regards,
> Bret

I also must give a hearty endor*t for Maximum MIDI.  I've been
working through it my spare time, and it's very well done.

Oliver Sampson     "Nortel is not responsible for my opinions."

                   "Wherever they burn books, they also end up
                    burning people."          ---Heinrich Heine