Where to find Quasimodo ?

Post by Pena » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:24:30

I heard of the program Quasimodo by Paul Davis.

He is the guy behind the newly release Ardour program.

Mr Davis' linux audio systems page at
http://www.equalarea.com/paul/las.htm ( link from his main page
www.equalarea.com/paul/ ) there's a link to Quasidomo at
http://www.quasimodo.org

There is a Sourceforge project set up for Quasimodo too, at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/quasimodo/ however, there is nothing
in it. If you try "http://quasimodo.sourceforge.net you will be
directed to www.quasimodo.org

Unfortunately, there's no quasidomo at www.quasimodo.org because the
domain quasimodo.org itself is for sale !

Therefore, to all, can you tell me where to locate the Quasimodo sync
program, please ?

Thank you !!

Where to find Quasimodo ?

Post by W. Citoa » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:25:02

Quote:

>  Therefore, to all, can you tell me where to locate the Quasimodo sync
>  program, please ?

On the sourceforge page (the link you provided), you can click on the
developer info portion and get an email address for the creator.  Try
emailing them.  But it's very possible that the program is non-existent.
Only an idea still waiting for him to write it.

- W. Citoan
--
Hey, I had to let awk be better at *something*...  :-)

Where to find Quasimodo ?

Post by Pena » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:39:24

> >  Therefore, to all, can you tell me where to locate the Quasimodo sync
> >  program, please ?

> On the sourceforge page (the link you provided), you can click on the
> developer info portion and get an email address for the creator.  Try
> emailing them.  But it's very possible that the program is non-existent.
> Only an idea still waiting for him to write it.

> - W. Citoan

I have emailed the creator. No reply.

The Quasimodo program is real, as if we check the usenet archive at
http://groups.google.com you will find lots of mention of the program,
and there used to be a place for the program www.quasimodo.org.

Hmmm....

You would thought that someone would have archive the thing on the Net
somewhere, but well ... searching the search engines all comes up with
one thing - LINKS to the program at www.quasimodo.org which is now
defunct.

But I'm still looking though.

Where to find Quasimodo ?

Post by Erik de Castro Lop » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:00:16

> I have emailed the creator. No reply.

I believe the original author of Quasimodo stopped work on
it 2 or more years ago to concentrate on his other project
Ardour:

    http://ardour.sf.net/

I do not know of anyone having taken over the project.

Erik

With 22,100,000 legitimate businesses in the US alone,
allowing each to send only one UCE per *year* gets every
mailbox 60,547 emails per day. There will either be email
without UCE or there will be no email.

Where to find Quasimodo ?

Post by paul cook » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:23:00

>> I have emailed the creator. No reply.

> I believe the original author of Quasimodo stopped work on it 2 or more
> years ago to concentrate on his other project Ardour:

>     http://ardour.sf.net/

> I do not know of anyone having taken over the project.

> Erik

well the code is still in sourceforge CVS and it shouldn't be too hard to
take it up... :)

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/quasimodo/quasimodo/>

now if it was closed source and the developers had folded, then you'd be
stumped...

Where to find Quasimodo ?

Post by W. Citoa » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 11:09:48

Quote:

>  The Quasimodo program is real, as if we check the usenet archive at
>  http://groups.google.com you will find lots of mention of the
>  program, and there used to be a place for the program
>  www.quasimodo.org.

Umm, if you take a close look at google, you'd notice that all those
messages are several years old...

- W. Citoan
--
To stand and be still,
At the Birkenhead drill,

1. I found a great new home recording site!

I found a great new home recording site. Home Studio Review is
releasing a quarterly music publication that has software and hardware
reviews. It also has articles... mentions PC computing and networking
information... sounds pretty cool.

http://www.homestudioreview.com

2. Online

3. Where to find allophone samples?

4. In Binaries post.

5. Does anyone know where I can find

6. scanning/parsing technics for background code analysis in code editor

7. Where to find a Roland MPU-401?

8. Favorite game on your Palm?

9. Looking for Propellerheads Reason - anyone know where to find it?

10. Find High-Speed Internet Access(DSL, Cable, Satellite)

11. trying to find newsgroup...

12. Find sound files and software to play karaoke

13. ****Need Help finding a song!!!