M1 help !!!!!

Post by Azaa » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:55:03

I need to load the orig Factory sounds in my M1 but I need them in a
midi format so I can transfer them via my MPC2000xl ....please help
....Can I get the sounds from another keyboard without a ROM card ?

M1 help !!!!!

Post by Gerry Scott-Moor » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:11:55

> I need to load the orig Factory sounds in my M1 but I need them in a
> midi format so I can transfer them via my MPC2000xl ....please help
> ....Can I get the sounds from another keyboard without a ROM card ?

A confusing question. The patches aren't in midi per se, they are
ingoing/outgoing via the sysex protocol.

If you need the factory sounds, you can initialize the patches to the
default.  I forgot how, it's in the manual.  If you don't have a manual
I'll hunt for mine, but assume it's all available on a web site
somewhere.

If you're trying to out put sysex information to an external device,
again, it will do a patch dump. Again the manual.

If you want, for some other reason, to have the M1 patches outside the
machine, there are a number of shareware and freeware patch-editors for
the M1, most of which will have the default patches in them, or you can
dump them to the program via the the patch-dump options on the M1.

Go to the usual shareware sites for your computer.

Once done, I have no idea whether your MPC200xl, whatever that might
be, can store or exchange sysex.

--
///---

M1 help !!!!!

Post by Rod Gra » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:36:48

Quote:> I need to load the orig Factory sounds in my M1 but I need them in a
> midi format so I can transfer them via my MPC2000xl ....please help
> ....Can I get the sounds from another keyboard without a ROM card

. Initialize the M1 to factory default settings: Press INT, CARD, and COMBI
buttons while switching the power on. (Warning: This

Korg M1, Page 49

deletes all internal memory, including all sounds, sequences, drum kits, and
global settings. This zeros out the M1. If you have any

common sense, don't do this without a backup.)

Here's the address to download the Manual.
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/runtigrou/Download/M1.pdf

Most MIDI equipment from that era have a similsr type reset function. Maybe
this will help.