CD music to music notation

Post by Martin blee » Mon, 13 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know if a program exists that can convert music from a cd to
music notation which I can print?

It would be a big help...

Thanks,

M. Blees

Holland

CD music to music notation

Post by Tal Rhe » Mon, 13 Apr 1998 04:00:00

    Free money would also be a big help... Unfortunately, what you ask for
is impossible, it is akin to haveing a program that will take a 2 hour
movie, and change it into a good 500 page novel....   (we have this
discussion or ones like it twice every day on this newsgroup... <sigh>).  If
you want to know _why_ it is impossible, stick around on the newsgroup and
read some of the posts that come up...

> Does anyone know if a program exists that can convert music from a cd to
> music notation which I can print?

> It would be a big help...

> Thanks,

> M. Blees

> Holland

1. Music notation software

I am looking for a low price, music notation software program. I want
to enter music in stave notation (not piano roll etc) or from a midi
device.  I want to concentrate on producing good printed output, not
on multiple midi channels, mixing, drum rhythms etc.

I have tried Cakewalk Express 3.02 (free on a recent magazine) but it
lacked print capability. I have also tried NoteWorthy and Capella.

If anyone can recommend a sub 100 pound package, or suggest a
suitable newsgroup, or put me on to a comparitive review I will be grateful.

Best regards

David Aldrich

2. TSWeb connection problems

3. Freeware Music Notation Software

4. pdcurses and mouse

5. Music notation software

6. Telnet access

7. Music Notation Shareware able to be copy to word

8. widget based table

9. Music Notation software

10. Music notation program?

11. Finale ver. 3.7 Music Notation Software