Voyetra: Am I wrong in this?

Post by lbank » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:51:30

Here where we are now: I sent this email to Voyetra. Now, I never get it
running, I'll betcha.....

Quote:>> >   * The following packets need to be sent out in order to register:

>>>       UDP on Port 0
>>>       TCP on Port 80

What does this mean????! Do I have to be a Linux systems administrator to
upgrade a Windows program? WHO DO YOU THINK YOUR MARKET IS???
I don't want to hire an IT guy to install a $40 upgrade!! If you know that
your software can not be used if not registered, then, setup the
registration scheme to function in a manner which is not only unsafe and
somewhat suspect, but seem to function differently most other web pages,
including your own, and then state that the software is non-refundable
(breath), can you see why the word 'scam' jumps to mind. I've disable every
firewall I could find. It still won't work. Copy protection is one thing;
pissing in your customer's eye is something else!!
I better stop now. The more I write, the madder and more incoherant I'm
getting. Please, surely this can be solved by a simple script?!  I've been
using Voyetra DOP for years, and even based my hardware and software
purchase depending on compatibility. I don't want to change. I don't like
Cakewalk, but my options seem to point there.