Opcode Studio 128x Serial Port Problem - Please Help :)

Opcode Studio 128x Serial Port Problem - Please Help :)

Post by Andy Warre » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

I'm running a PC with windows 98 and trying to use the Studio 128x with it.
I've checked all my COM port settings and they appear okay (no conflicts) --
and even when I run the diagnostic program under DOS, I can play a scale on
all my MIDI instruments, so that connection is fine..

But when I start the MIDI patchbay, it says that the interface can't be
found on my COM port.  I've tried switching COM ports, to no avail.  It then
says that the driver can't be found - but I've installed it over and over
again, and I've even downloaded the latest drivers from the Opcode website.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?  I could really use the help.

Please e-mail me in addition to posting here.

Thanks very much for any help anyone can offer!

--

Andy
--

Opcode Studio 128x Serial Port Problem - Please Help :)

Post by straight.e.. » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> But when I start the MIDI patchbay, it says that the interface can't be
> found on my COM port.  I've tried switching COM ports, to no avail.  It then
> says that the driver can't be found - but I've installed it over and over
> again, and I've even downloaded the latest drivers from the Opcode website.

> Has anyone else had a similar problem?  I could really use the help.

Have you tried OPCODE technical support (e-mail) ?

I had a little problem with an 8port/se.

After ending some mails without response,

I sent a mail saying I was going to change the thing in my music store
for a MOTU.
The same day i got ananswer for my problem...

Hardliner.

Opcode Studio 128x Serial Port Problem - Please Help :)

Post by daricema » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Check your serial port setting.  Be sure it's not set up for a modem.  Next,
try to see if your COM port has IRQ conflict.  Then, check the address. 3F8
for com1 or 2 and etc. etc.

It should work.  I have it on Win98, using Cubase.  Works fine for me.

Quote:>Hi everyone,

>I'm running a PC with windows 98 and trying to use the Studio 128x with it.
>I've checked all my COM port settings and they appear okay (no
conflicts) --
>and even when I run the diagnostic program under DOS, I can play a scale on
>all my MIDI instruments, so that connection is fine..

>But when I start the MIDI patchbay, it says that the interface can't be
>found on my COM port.  I've tried switching COM ports, to no avail.  It
then
>says that the driver can't be found - but I've installed it over and over
>again, and I've even downloaded the latest drivers from the Opcode website.

>Has anyone else had a similar problem?  I could really use the help.

>Please e-mail me in addition to posting here.

>Thanks very much for any help anyone can offer!

>--

>Andy
>--
>Orlando, FL  32809

1. PLEASE HELP! Opcode Studio 5LX OK for G3??

I desperately need a MIDI interface for my Mac G3.
I have a lot of MIDI gear and like the idea of having an interface with as many
ins and outs as possible so everything has a handshake connection (important
when using gear with universal editors).

Does anyone know of any reason I shouldn't purchase an Opcode Studio 5LX
(15x15) interface?  Is it compatible with EVERYTHING on the Apple Macintosh G3
266?  Has anyone heard of any problems with this unit?   I am looking to
purchase a used one, would there be any major reason I should buy it new
instead?  Finally, if I dont get software with the used version, can I get
everything I need from Opcode's website?

Please email me privately.  Thank you very much.

2. FS: SPARCStation 5/90Mhz/64MB/CG6/Ether/1GB/CDROM

3. WTB:OPCODE STUDIO 4 OR OPCODE STUDIO 5 XL MAC MIDI INTERFACE

4. Win95 User Can Still "Join the Crowd"

5. HELP PLEASE - Serial MIDI & Laptop Problem

6. Parallel cables - IEEE1284 v standard.

7. Serial interface (Opcode Studio 3) with G4 733?

8. Conditional shading of a cell

9. mac midi problems(serial port)

10. MIDI port vi Serial port

11. eVolution mk261 keybd, Win 98 SE, MPU401 serial port input, Roland UM1 USB port input