Up a creek with cakewalk, note/1 and dos

Up a creek with cakewalk, note/1 and dos

Post by Bob Lan » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am in a bind...
I have NOTE/1 MIDI parallel interface  with CAKEWALK DOS and Win 3.1 drivers
(No NT drivers exist)
I have CAKEWALK running under Win95
I have a Dell Latitude XPi portable pc running WinNt and DOS

What I would like to do is use the NOTE/1 parallel  on the laptop.  The only
way I see to do this is to install a version of cakewalk for Dos on the
portable.  Since cakewalk no longer sells or supports cakewalk for dos, does
anyone have an old copy I can borrow or buy to get this system going???
Other suggestions? Please help!

Bob

Up a creek with cakewalk, note/1 and dos

Post by Art » Mon, 06 Mar 2000 04:00:00

You might try this URL:  http://bluey.cjb.net
click in the upper left-hand corner on "Essential Software".  They have
Cubasis Audio Lite
Evolution Audio Lite and,
Cakewalk Express 3.02
all for free.  These are all Win3.x versions, so they should do what you
need.

Hope this helps.  Art

Quote:> I am in a bind...