HELP please

Post by Antonij » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:29:52

Is there any chance to connect synthesizer with standard midi IN and OUT
to Notebook via USB.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

HELP please

Post by Laurence Payn » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 21:33:46

Quote:>Is there any chance to connect synthesizer with standard midi IN and OUT
>to Notebook via USB.

Yup.   Get a USB midi interface.  M-Audio (and others) make them.
http://www.midiman.net/products/midiman/usbmidi.php

CubaseFAQ page www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm

HELP please

Post by Rob » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:29:37

> Is there any chance to connect synthesizer with standard midi IN and OUT
> to Notebook via USB.

> Any Ideas?

try google  with "usb midi interface"

and buy the product which fits your requirements. Many to choose from.

HELP please

Post by Dominic Richen » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:02:04

> Is there any chance to connect synthesizer with standard midi IN and
> OUT to Notebook via USB.

> Any Ideas?

Tonnes.  Type "USB MIDI interface" into any search engine and you should
come up with a few hundred hits.

Personally I have a M-Audio Uno; about 50$ CDN at my local music shop, works
great (Win2k and WinXP).
--

"If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

HELP please

Post by JB Seattl » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:19:35

www.midiman.com or www.edirol.com they have loads of them from single port
to multiport.  I would get at least a 4X4 to give you four midi ports in and
out, then as you build a system you will have 64 midi channels available on
four 16 channel ports.
Be sure to check the specs on the USB interfaces and make sure your USB
controller will drive it--you check that by going to control panel system
and looking in device manager and find the properties of the USB controllers
on your computer--Intel and ALI seem to work okay but VIA and some others
are not recommended--the specs on the interface will tell you and they post
those on the websites for the devices.

JB

Quote:> Is there any chance to connect synthesizer with standard midi IN and OUT
> to Notebook via USB.

> Any Ideas?

> Thanks

1. Delta 1010 problem? HELP please...

Hey there,
OKay, I am a new used M-Audio Delta 1010 owner, and seem to be having
what I consider a problem using the Delta as my main Windows sound
source/playback device.  The unit works absolutely great in Reason 2 and
Live 2.01 using ASIO drivers, and plays back flawlessly.  But when I try
to use it through Windows, I either just get continous clicks that don't
go away until I reboot, or nothing at all.  I have tried different
combinations of settings, but just can't get it to work through windows.
I think I might be missing something really obvious, but just can't see
it.  I am running Windows XP Pro, what do I have to do to get this to
work through Windows?  What settings do I have to have set, and where?

I have hardware outs 1&2 routed to my amp.
In the Delta Control panel I have the Monitor Mixer routed to Hardware
Outs 1&2.
In my Sounds and Audio Devices control panel, I have the options under
Sound Playback to make my default device either "M-Audio Delta 1010 -
Multichannel" or "M-Audio Delta 1/2" which should I choose?
For Sound Recording, I have the options of making the default device "M-
Audio Delta 1010 - Multichannel" or "M-Audio Delta 1010 Mon Mixer",
again, which should be chosen?

The manual I downloaded from the M-Audio site offers vague directions,
which I think I have followed correctly but still can't get it to work.
M-Audio tech support sent me tips for optimizing my audio system
performance, but it WORKS, just not in Windows...

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to offer.

2. DTED - below sea-level data values

3. Mirage Visual editor needed Help please!

4. Frontpage98 'Everyone' Group Permissions missing.

5. AWE64 midi in help please

6. receiving video

7. HELP Please: Looking for a MIDI player that....

8. xsl if help (cross nested tags)

9. need midi help, please!!!

10. Help Please!!

11. Midi Percussion Help Please!!!

12. Help please - Midi beginner.

13. No MIDI sound - can anyone help, please?