Accessing Yamaha DB50XG XG sound banks

Post by Carlos Et » Sat, 30 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I am trying to access the XG sounds on the Yamaha DB50XG using Cubase for
Windows.  Changing the bank numbers does not access these sounds.

It was suggested to me that the Cubase bank selection mechanism is probably
only sending the MSB or LSB of the bank select and that the best way to get
around this is use the event list and enter the values directly as bank select
messages (MSB/LSB followed by program change number). I tried changing the
value in the List editor, but it didn't work for me.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this (explain it simply if possible) or if
there is a sequencer that already handles XG sound banks?  If so, please email
me as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Carlos Eton

Carlos Eton

Ehh, what's up, Doc?

Post by Carlos Et » Sun, 31 Dec 1995 04:00:00

:I am trying to access the XG sounds on the Yamaha DB50XG using Cubase for
:Windows.  Changing the bank numbers does not access these sounds.

I was able to figure this out, so please disregard this notice.

Thank you.

Carlos Eton

Ehh, what's up, Doc?

1. How to access the sounds from Yamaha DB50XG daughterboard.

I apologize for "double posting" this message but my wife
misunderstood the instructions I left for her, so hear I go again.

I'm a guitar player who is just getting his feet wet with computers
and music.  I guess you could say I'm a "MIDIOT".  I'm having trouble
getting from MIDI mapper to the XG sounds.  I'm running Windows for
Workgroups 3.1 on a Pentium 75 MHZ, 850 RAM, 8 mg RAM.

I have a Vibra 16 Sound Blaster card and a Yamaha DB50XG
daughterboard.  Since I'm new at this I would immensely appreciate any
step-by-step advice anyone could offer so that I can get from MIDI
mapper to some sort of screen I can utilize to access the sounds.

I'm using a Yamaha YPP35 keyboard to play the sounds.

Thanks in advance!

Colin Mullin

2. Apple Monitor Flybacks

3. XG XG XG XG <+ Two new XG's +> XG XG XG XG

4. DEFRAG will not complete (????)

5. Yamaha XG softt Syth and DB50XG

6. Dupe messages

7. Help Roland xv-88 accessing midi banks with cubase?

8. View of XML Doc in IE5.5

9. Accessing Higher Banks

10. Access AWE Bank# > 0 in Cubase?

11. XG xg XG xg <<<<< new ones >>>>> xg XG xg XG

12. XG XG +++++ New one from the Abbott's +++++XG XG

13. New XG New XG New XG New XG (you get the idea)