MIDI DEVICE FOR PROGRAM-CHANGES ON STAGE ??????

MIDI DEVICE FOR PROGRAM-CHANGES ON STAGE ??????

Post by G.J.Wildeboe » Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I'm sure there are more keyboard-players out there having this problem.
I'm playing in a band and we play our songs in random order, wich means
I get to know the next song only two seconds before the intro starts. In
these two seconds I have to find my notes (wich takes 1,5 second), and
change settings for my two keyboards.

Is there some kind of simple MIDI-device that can send programmed
bank/program/sysex-changes by selecting a number, pushing a button or
whatever?, so I can set my two synth's in those 0,5 seconds left.

Thanks in advance,

Gert

1. MIDI programming under NT and Win2000: device lockout

Using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 to debug a MIDI app under
NT or Win2000, I'm having a terrible problem with the
MIDI devices locking up.  If the debugged app doesn't get
a chance to call midiInClose or midiOutClose, then the system
considers the MIDI device to still be owned, even after the
app is terminated.  The next time I run any MIDI app, the
MIDI device is reported as unavailable with a
MMSYSERR_ALLOCATED result.  Even if I completely exit
VC and restart it, the MIDI device is still unavailable.  The
only way to overcome the problem is to reboot the system,
which, of course, is very time-consuming.

If you have encountered this problem and have found a solution,
and can share it with me, I would be thrilled!  And would gladly
send you a free copy of my MidiNotate program.

Thanks!
-- Mark Walsen

   Notation Software, Inc.
   www.notation.com

2. Lexmark 1000 not working

3. Java Midi programming - switching devices?

4. Prob: Tab Window and Backrounds of differing color

5. Yamaha S80 MIDI Program Change Issue

6. Client service start failure

7. program change

8. DNS 6.1 Errors

9. Program changes (incl bank)

10. Program change doesn't stay

11. Seer Reality Program Change Problem!!! Help!

12. Changing Banks/Programs on my QuadraSynth Plus Piano with SB 16

13. "Program Change with Notator on Atari"