MAX program says unauthorized copy & will not run.

MAX program says unauthorized copy & will not run.

Post by Brian Tozz » Thu, 22 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Today in my music class, I was going to show what I did with my tutorials.
First, I ran straight from my data diskette.  (Which means MAX will only
play the files.)  Then I realize I couldn't edit then so I shut it down. And
tried to execute MAX 3.0.  The Power Mac (clone) ejected the disk, and
displayed This is an unauthorized copy.  Please insert master diskette.

The teacher tried everything, from restarting the computer, uninstalling
MAX, installing the master diskette, and nothing works.  Apparently Opcode
keeps track of how many times you try to install or uninstall, and somebody
(wasn't me) apparently tried to copy MAX onto some type of disk.  So now we
can't deauthorize or reauthorize the disk, so MAX is pretty much useless
except if we run it straight from the master floppy. (Which totally stinks
of course). Has anyone else ran into this type of problem, and if so, was
there a way around it?