Finale 2002 Query

Post by Paul Matthew » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:10:21

In Finale 2002, after clicking on a note, the status bar clearly states:
'Drag an object to move it'... this makes sense, as that is standard Windows
practise.

However, for the life of me, I can't seem to make the note budge in pitch,
either up or down. What do I need to do?

Thanks

Finale 2002 Query

Post by Harald Schollmeye » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:08:25

Paul Matthews schrieb:

Quote:> In Finale 2002, after clicking on a note, the status bar clearly states:
> 'Drag an object to move it'... this makes sense, as that is standard Windows
> practise.
> However, for the life of me, I can't seem to make the note budge in pitch,
> either up or down. What do I need to do?

First select speedy entry. Then you can click a note and drag it.

Harald

Finale 2002 Query

Post by evan johns » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 00:32:28

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:08:25 +0100, Harald Schollmeyer

>Paul Matthews schrieb:
>> In Finale 2002, after clicking on a note, the status bar clearly states:
>> 'Drag an object to move it'... this makes sense, as that is standard Windows
>> practise.
>> However, for the life of me, I can't seem to make the note budge in pitch,
>> either up or down. What do I need to do?

>First select speedy entry. Then you can click a note and drag it.

... or simple entry.

evan

Finale 2002 Query

Post by Colin Broo » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 19:07:13

> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:08:25 +0100, Harald Schollmeyer

> >Paul Matthews schrieb:
> >> In Finale 2002, after clicking on a note, the status bar clearly
states:
> >> 'Drag an object to move it'... this makes sense, as that is standard
Windows
> >> practise.
> >> However, for the life of me, I can't seem to make the note budge in
pitch,
> >> either up or down. What do I need to do?

> >First select speedy entry. Then you can click a note and drag it.

> ... or simple entry.

Not quite correct, as Simple entry doesn't allow you to drag items (speedy
does however).  However, if while inputting the notes with Simple entry, the
left arrow key is pressed, it will highlight the note just entered and the
up and down arrow keys can be used to shift the note.  Alternatively, you
can use the selection tool and double click on a note or rest and do the
same thing.

Colin.

Tech Support: "I need you to boot the computer."
Customer: (THUMP! Pause.) "No, that didn't help."
----------------------------
Colin Broom, composer

(To reply, omit the Cb7#9 chord from the e-mail address)

Invention Ensemble:  www.inventionensemble.com
----------------------------

Finale 2002 Query

Post by evan johns » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 00:09:55

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 10:07:13 -0000, "Colin Broom"

>> On Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:08:25 +0100, Harald Schollmeyer

>> >First select speedy entry. Then you can click a note and drag it.

>> ... or simple entry.

>Not quite correct, as Simple entry doesn't allow you to drag items (speedy
>does however).  However, if while inputting the notes with Simple entry, the
>left arrow key is pressed, it will highlight the note just entered and the
>up and down arrow keys can be used to shift the note.  Alternatively, you
>can use the selection tool and double click on a note or rest and do the
>same thing.

In Finale 2002, you can in fact drag notes vertically in simple entry.

evan

Finale 2002 Query

Post by Colin Broo » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 02:08:18

Quote:> In Finale 2002, you can in fact drag notes vertically in simple entry.

You're right!  I stand corrected.  I hadn't noticed this (probably because I
don't use simple entry so much)

Post by David Hor » Mon, 18 Feb 2002 02:35:13

> You're right!  I stand corrected.  I hadn't noticed this (probably because I
> don't use simple entry so much)

I'd hardly used it much before, but as I've been travelling so much
lately (and taking out my midismart keyboard isn't much of an option on
trains and planes!) I'm getting used to it. It isn't _that_ slow, I
suppose, but give me speedy entry _any_ day! :)

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk
Composer in Association- RLPO

1. Assistance with Finale 2002 problem - playback not working

Hi

I have Finale 2002 with a 4-score piece (piano, bass , guitar lead etc). I
have it set up to play back my Roland JV 1010 (in a multitrack setup), and
so far all has been well.

However, now when I press 'play', I get a message on the status bar saying
'Processing Measure XXX', where XXX is quickly changing list of measure
numbers.

So, somewhere along the line, something I have done has forced it to be
unplayable, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

2. HD Fault

3. finale 2002 - propellerhead reason - hubi

4. DVD Normal vs Letterbox Question on Xbox

5. Finale 2002 or Sibelius 2????

6. Screen size detection

7. Finale 2002 entry - editing notes after entry

8. Forum Software-Qualit?t Region Stuttgart

9. Qestion on Finale 2002: hearing your midi keyboard play your Soundblaster while recording

10. Finale 2002 question: align midi playback with notation

11. Coda Finale 2002 for Win9x/NT $210

12. Finale 2002?

13. Drum Looping in Home Studio 2002 XL