MIDI switch

Post by Otavio Augusto S. Carpinteir » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I have connected a PC and a sound module to my keyboard by using an
external
MIDI interface. In this way, the keyboard can access the module ONLY
when
the PC is running a sequencer.

I'd like to access the module directly from the keyboard as well, and so
I'd like to ask if there isn't a kind of MIDI switch which lets me
switch
from my PC to the module, avoiding all the trouble of changing cables.

If you know if such MIDI switches exist in the market, please let me
know. If possible, some retailers which sell them as well.

Thanks in advance.
Otavio

MIDI switch

Post by JB/Seattl » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

A midi patch bay will do the trick--the best are from Mark of The Unicorn or
MOTU.
JB

> Hi,

> I have connected a PC and a sound module to my keyboard by using an
> external
> MIDI interface. In this way, the keyboard can access the module ONLY
> when
> the PC is running a sequencer.

> I'd like to access the module directly from the keyboard as well, and so
> I'd like to ask if there isn't a kind of MIDI switch which lets me
> switch
> from my PC to the module, avoiding all the trouble of changing cables.

> If you know if such MIDI switches exist in the market, please let me
> know. If possible, some retailers which sell them as well.

> Thanks in advance.
> Otavio

MIDI switch

Post by Ron Natali » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

The MOTU or Opcode 8 way midi boxes will let you reconfigure your
midis even when the computer isn't there.  If it is there, it acts
like a giant midi controller.

MIDI switch

Post by Steve Youl » Fri, 25 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Take a look at the Philip Rees Selector switch 3B
http://www.philrees.co.uk/products/selector.htm#three
It retails for 30 here in the UK.

Steve

> Hi,

> I have connected a PC and a sound module to my keyboard by using an
> external
> MIDI interface. In this way, the keyboard can access the module ONLY
> when
> the PC is running a sequencer.

> I'd like to access the module directly from the keyboard as well, and so
> I'd like to ask if there isn't a kind of MIDI switch which lets me
> switch
> from my PC to the module, avoiding all the trouble of changing cables.

> If you know if such MIDI switches exist in the market, please let me
> know. If possible, some retailers which sell them as well.

> Thanks in advance.
> Otavio

1. Help !! midi switch set-up ??

Band with 2 keyboard players wants to "Share" midi keybords,ie player 1
wants control of player 2 keyboards for first set. Player 2 wants control
of player 1 keyboards for second set etc. what type of midi switch box
would work best ???

player 1 keyboards = Roland D-50 & Korg M1
player 2 keyboards = Roland D-70 & E-Mu "Vintage" rack

Thanks for any help !!

2. Warp & Kensington Expert Mouse

3. FS: MIDI Switching Box Plans

4. Use Mailorder!!!

5. Midi Y-splitter or switch box?

6. NT4.0 & SBS

7. MIDI programmable foot switches

8. API calls to obtain information regarding Object Identifiers for OLE

9. FS: MIDI Cables/Foot Switch Etc.

10. Java Midi programming - switching devices?

11. Switching Mac Serial Port betw. MIDI & Printer