Synth reccomendations

Post by Steve » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:05:43

lo all,

I'm setting a studio and would like some recommendations for synths. I have
about 1,300 to spend. I want to make Breakbeat, ambient and
experimental/abstract stuff (along the lines of Warp records artists). I
want to be able to create nice "lush" sounds as well as distorted ones.
Hope that is a good enough description for you all, what can you recommend?
links where I can get more info and hear some demos would be very helpful.
I have heard a short demo of the Novation Supernova II which sounded good in
the shop, but when i listened to the demo's on the novation site i thought
it sounded a bit to "normal/dated" for what i want, anyone using this and
could give there opinion?

Cheers

GAHN

1. Midi Composer Reccomendations

Hi.

I've been working with basic MIDI composition for a few months now, but
have been hindered by my inability to find a freeware/shareware quality
midi composer that meets the following standards requires no understanding
of musical notation (Operates on a piano roll or similar grid), and that
operates on a 100 mhz computer.

I've been using Anvil Studio for a while, but its numerous bugs and design
flaws are hindering my work.

Can anyone reccommend a program to fit my needs?
Thanks.

2. HELP: Looking for Paper

3. cheap, good sound module reccomendation

4. XMLhack developer news, 6 Oct 2000

5. Reccomendations for PC programmable midi foot controllers

6. NATO ASI Study on Face Recognition: From Theory to Applications

7. Need reccomendations for good sound card

8. NE2000 register programming - info needed !

9. sample reccomendation?

10. Soundcard reccomendation

11. Sequencer Reccomendations Please

12. fs: Emu E-Synth samler/synth/workstation

13. How do you mix software synths with hardware synths?