How to Switch Patches in PC Sequencer with a Keyboard Midi Controller???

How to Switch Patches in PC Sequencer with a Keyboard Midi Controller???

Post by SJ » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:44:11

Hi Folks:

Got a bit of a sequencing conundrum and I was wondering if there was midi
Guru that might have a solution.

On my PC, I am using Fruity Loops sequencer with bare bones Casio keyboard
as a midi controller.  I am using Fruity's soundfont sampler plug-in with a
soundfont bank of instruments on a channel.

I would like to be able to switch to various instrument patches (soundfonts)
while performing on the keyboard.  I know that high-end software samplers
like Gigastudio and Halion can provide 'keyswitching" facilities so you can
use your keyboard keys to switch samples.

Anyone know if this is possible with my setup?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SJ

1. midi controller keyboard -pc card

Hi,
A couple of newbie questions.

1- Is it possible to play a midi controller keyboard connected to a PC
real-time (i.e w/o any delays)

2- What software does it require just to play the keyboard.

3- Would my Soundblaster PCI64 do the job or would you recommend
another sound card (or other hardware) for this. Does the instrument
types that can be used depend on the soundcard or the software running
on the PC.

Thanks
-celi

2. CODOTery

3. PC Keyboard as Midi Controller?

4. How should I "check" the connections?

5. PC keyboard into a midi controller ?

6. asp DROP Down MENU

7. REQ: help with the ROLAND PC-160 MIDI KEYBOARD CONTROLLER

8. FREE CCIE Practice Lab Scenario from CyscoExpert

9. Can a key on a Poland PC-150 keyboard controller be replace?

10. ?Midi Controller Keyboard & Keyboard

11. ATTN:Luud --- Cakewalk INS file for Korg NS5R - ns5r.ins (1/1)

12. ATTN:Luud --- Cakewalk INS file for Korg NS5R - ns5r.ins (0/1)

13. ? Good source for Cakewalk .ins patches??