MP3 files on the web

Post by MARCO FELIPE DUARTE GOM » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

hi! This post is not about midis but i would appreciate your help. If i
try to download a 1Mb MP3 file and ei stops loading after 500 Kb, will
that part still work, like the AU and AIFFS files with ActiveX? Or will i
need to download the file entirely?

Thanx

--
Sinceramente,

Marco Duarte
ICQ: 4329088

"And in your darkest hour
My whole secrets fade
You can watch the world devour it instead"
                                Billy Corgan
                                The End Is The Beginning Is The End

The Smashing Pumpkins World
El Mundo de los Smashing Pumpkins
http://ingenieria.javeriana.edu.co/~md000358/home.html

MP3 files on the web

Post by Stephan M. Sprenge » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> hi! This post is not about midis but i would appreciate your help. If i
> try to download a 1Mb MP3 file and ei stops loading after 500 Kb, will
> that part still work, like the AU and AIFFS files with ActiveX? Or will i
> need to download the file entirely?

> Thanx

Hmm, why don't you just try it? AFAIK, it should work up to the block
that is missing. There are realtime players for MP3 files, and they
don't read in the whole file before playing them, so I suppose it should
also work for incomplete files.

Best

Stephan

MP3 files on the web

Post by H. Krus » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

It works. I've downloaded a mp3-file, bus something went wrong, so the file
wasn't completely saved. I was still able to play the file.

Henk

Say bye to the unuseful bytes you bought.

http://www.amazed.nl/hkruse

Stephan M. Sprenger heeft geschreven in bericht

>> hi! This post is not about midis but i would appreciate your help. If i
>> try to download a 1Mb MP3 file and ei stops loading after 500 Kb, will
>> that part still work, like the AU and AIFFS files with ActiveX? Or will i
>> need to download the file entirely?

>> Thanx

>Hmm, why don't you just try it? AFAIK, it should work up to the block
>that is missing. There are realtime players for MP3 files, and they
>don't read in the whole file before playing them, so I suppose it should
>also work for incomplete files.

>Best

>Stephan

1. Super Mp3 Recorder: Record whatever you hear into Mp3 or wav files!

http://www.supermp3recorder.com

Super Mp3 Recorder makes a complete recording studio of your computer.
With Super Mp3 Recorder you can record voice from microphone, webcasts
from the Internet, music played by Winamp, Windows Media Player, Quick
Time, Real Player, Flash, games, etc. Sound quality of the recordings
remains excellent, or sounds even better for Super Mp3 Recorder
reduces noise. Super Mp3 Recorder is able to automatically detect the
recording formats your sound card supports and then set the
application's parameters for the best possible performance. Your
recordings are then saved as Mp3 or Wav files.

you can download it here also:
http://www.qwerks.com/download/4040/smr.zip

2. searching DSS1 Advice of Charge Info or Q.956

3. <<< THE NEWEST MP3 AND DIGITAL MUSIC WEB PORTAL >>>

4. let aliases ignore parameters

5. The webs best mp3 site

6. Add LPR-printer with AddPrinter()

7. web mp3 player

8. Problem using tooltips

9. File Extension Change When Downloading .kar File From Web Page

10. ! !!!!!!!! MIDI file search engine - search the web for a MIDI file !!!!!!!! !

11. ! !!!!!!!!! FREE MIDI files at my web page plus a MIDI FILE SEARCH ENGINE link !!!!!!!! !

12. ! !!!!!!!! MIDI file search engine - search the web for a MIDI file !!!!!!!! !