HELP! My MIDI setup did not play note faithfully!

HELP! My MIDI setup did not play note faithfully!

Post by Michael Yeo » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi to all here and I am a newbie in MIDI sequencing that has a problem
that I can't solve

I am currently using a Roland PC200 MKII keyboard controller together
with Roland JV-1080 sound modul,. a Pentium Pro computer, a SoundBlaster
AWE 64 Gold  together with Cubase VST to create desktop music using MIDI

The problem is whenever I played a long sequence of notes on my
keyboard, some of the notes did not get registered and I can't hear the
sound too so it's like I'm playing Do Re Mi Fa So and the Mi or Fa might
go missing

I have tried pressing the key hard but the problem presist and I have
upgraded my SoundBlaster 64 Gold driver to the latest version and
checked the MIDI cables thoroughly

Sometimes when I depress certain keys, the sound or tone will still
lingers on and I had to turn the dial on my sound module to stop it and
sometimes my instruments can changed suddenly from Grand Piano to a
trumpet even though I didn't touch anything

All of the above problems happen intermittenly and it was very
frustrating but the funny things is everything seems to work perfectly
especially notes playing if I connect my keyboard controller directly to
my module instead of going through the computer MIDI port so I think
there is nothing wrong to either my keyboard or module

I hope someone who experience this same problem before can help me with
this and the following are my equipment list:

Pentium Pro 200 PC
Cubase VST 3.5 software
Roland PC200 MKII Keyboard controller
Roland JV-1080 Sound Module
Creative SoundBlaster 64 Gold card
Window 95 OSR2 operating system

Thank You

Mike

1. How to change a note volume not a channel volume during play?

Hi,
    What I want to do is simple to explain but I haven't found how to do it
yet. I want to play a note as an example for 8 bars. I want the volume of
this note to change somewhere between these bars let's say I want to make it
pass from 60 to 80, then pass from 80 to 55 then again up to 80.  Can I do
it using controllers? if I can do it, which controller must I use? I don't
want to use controller 7 because it changes the volume of the whole channel
and I want this controller(or whatever) to change only the note's volume
(it's always the last played note in the track, but not in the channel).  I
also use it to simulate stopped crash cymbals, for now, I'm using controller
7 and when I get the volume back to 100, the cymbal I cut, still sounds...
How can I cut this cymbal forever? I don't want to modify the sf2 if
possible because I don't want to use wholes and jointed wholes to make sound
my cymbals their real decay time...

I don't know if it has any incidence, but I'm using Cakewalk 9.

Plz help me!!

Thanks

--
ThunderMusic
Thunder Music Productions

2. Has anybody played LEADING LAP?

3. Help - Compaq Midi not playing

4. dialer idle-timeout & session-timeout

5. *Help! SBAWE32 not playing WAV's

6. Where is FP98 60-day trial version?

7. Driver for Band in a Box (Dos version) with a Music Quest Note/1 midi-interface

8. LocationService all_instances_descs() question

9. Playing Midi In Dos With a SB32PnP

10. Looking for DOS midi-playing TSR (mpu401, maybe other cards)

11. Playing Back MIDIs -- Am I doing it right?

12. Playing ALL MIDI formats in DOS

13. Up a creek with cakewalk, note/1 and dos