1. I can record and hear playback, but I can't play in real time
Sounds illogical, doesn't it?
Let me explain:
I'm using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, an old Yamaha DX7 as the MIDI
Controler, and an SBLive Sound Card using soundfonts.
If I start playing, I will here nothing, as if I didn't select the
right MIDI IN or something. I checked it several times. All the
settings seam to be fine.
In the process of troubleshooting, just to see what would happen, I
armed the track, presses record, played a few notes, and didn't hear
However, when I stopped recording, I found that I had, in fact created
a little tune. IT RECORDED WHAT I PLAYED.
So then, I thought, OK, maybe there's something wrong with my MIDI
OUT, and I just can't hear the MIDI I'm playing, but I actually am
sending cakewalk data to record.
Seams logical, but when I played the notes I just recorded, I heard
them fine. And I can hear all my other work fine as well. There is
nothing wrong with MIDI playback.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS THING. I need to hear
what it is I'm recording. I'm funny that way. Please, if you are
smarter than I am, which you probably are, help me. How can I be
sending Cakewalk Data, and can hear recorded MIDI, but can't hear what
I am playing in real time?
2. Open Inventor DEV - Package???
3. editing MIDI messages in real-time
4. A1000 Kickstart editing
5. Goldwave real time edit?
7. real-time, two-way streaming of MIDI
8. Real-time Style Performer for Yamaha style files
9. Slow down CD's in real-time!
10. Real-time PC software to transform a mono analog signal into midi events ??
11. Real-time control of physical synthesis engine on soundcard?
12. Jeff Pressing's Synthesizer Performance and Real-Time