Jam, Record, Playback & Edit in Real-Time over the Internet

Jam, Record, Playback & Edit in Real-Time over the Internet

Post by Andrew Merc » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Full Tilt Design Inc. is pleased to announce the release of NET
SESSIONS PRO.

NET SESSIONS PRO is a software solution for musicians wanting to jam
in Real-Time while separated by extreme distances. NET SESSIONS PRO
allows musicians to exchange MIDI music either from external MIDI
hardware or from third party sequencers "on the fly" over the
Internet. NET SESSIONS PRO acts as a network interface for
existing sequencers allowing these applications to function over the
Internet in real-time. The end result isthe ability to play MIDI
instruments, record, playback and edit on the fly all over the
Internet in real-time.

Download a fully functional trial version of NET SESSIONS PRO from our
web site at http://www.fulltiltdesign.com or contact a representative

1. I can record and hear playback, but I can't play in real time

Sounds illogical, doesn't it?

Let me explain:

I'm using Cakewalk Pro Audio 9, an old Yamaha DX7 as the MIDI
Controler, and an SBLive Sound Card using soundfonts.

If I start playing, I will here nothing, as if I didn't select the
right MIDI IN or something. I checked it several times. All the
settings seam to be fine.

In the process of troubleshooting, just to see what would happen, I
armed the track, presses record, played a few notes, and didn't hear
anything.

However, when I stopped recording, I found that I had, in fact created
a little tune. IT RECORDED WHAT I PLAYED.

So then, I thought, OK, maybe there's something wrong with my MIDI
OUT, and I just can't hear the MIDI I'm playing, but I actually am
sending cakewalk data to record.

Seams logical, but when I played the notes I just recorded, I heard
them fine. And I can hear all my other work fine as well. There is
nothing wrong with MIDI playback.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS THING. I need to hear
what it is I'm recording. I'm funny that way. Please, if you are
smarter than I am, which you probably are, help me. How can I be
sending Cakewalk Data, and can hear recorded MIDI, but can't hear what
I am playing in real time?

2. Open Inventor DEV - Package???

3. editing MIDI messages in real-time

4. A1000 Kickstart editing

5. Goldwave real time edit?

6. Domain

7. real-time, two-way streaming of MIDI

8. Real-time Style Performer for Yamaha style files

9. Slow down CD's in real-time!

10. Real-time PC software to transform a mono analog signal into midi events ??

11. Real-time control of physical synthesis engine on soundcard?

12. Jeff Pressing's Synthesizer Performance and Real-Time