How can I mute or unmute a midi instrument (track) using VB4?

How can I mute or unmute a midi instrument (track) using VB4?

Post by Sylvain Lavign » Fri, 14 Nov 1997 04:00:00

While playing a midi file, I'll would like to mute or unmute an
instrument.  Is something there I can do programaticly using
Visual Basic 4.0?.

Thank for any suggestion.

How can I mute or unmute a midi instrument (track) using VB4?

Post by BJD » Sat, 15 Nov 1997 04:00:00

That's going about it a difficult way. I am assuming you have a simple midi
player only.
Surf around and download a free demo version of any good audio software,
i.e., Cakewalk at cakewalk.com. The demo version will allow you to play the
file and mute individual instruments along with all sorts of options. You
won't be able to record or save files with demo versions, but they make
great midi file players.
--
BJD

Quote:> While playing a midi file, I'll would like to mute or unmute an
> instrument.  Is something there I can do programaticly using
> Visual Basic 4.0?.

> Thank for any suggestion.

1. help-played midi on seqncr, synth all tracks using 1 patch/instrument?

I'm new at MIDI and I habv this problem, hope u can help.

I have cakewalk as my sequencer and Yamaha S03 as synth.
I loaded a midi file that uses 4 tracks, 4 instruments.
Clicked played on Cakewalk and Yamaha S03 played or generated the song using
only the current voice setting.???

In other words, imagine the drum track played using the piano, guitar track
using the piano and etc...

Is this a setup problem? configuration of sequencer or synth?

BTW, I'm using a PC & Roland UM-2 usb midi interface.

Hope you can help.

2. Cisco 3000 concentrator and VLAN design question

3. Muting midi tracks on/off to play live?

4. Radio Shack DID Box

5. Track Muting

6. NovAtel Cellular Systems

7. Help on getting instruments of audio track to seperate tracks!!!

8. Looking for a developer

9. Using custom instruments (non-GM) in MIDI composition - How?

10. MIDI instruments used as vocals

11. Help: VB4 32bit MIDI OCX (or DLL/VBX) info

12. Using a .WAV sample as a midi instrument - a software solution?

13. The Human League "Dare" instruments used ??