quadrasynth and CW 9.0

Post by N » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 20:27:08

Greetings,

Just bought some used equip - Alesis QS (not Plus) and cakewalk pro
9.0

I have been struggling through the midi setup as an old CW user (circa
1990) - couple of quick questions:

1.  How can I play the keys and isolate only one midi channel /
instrument for playback.  Example - during sequencing I would like to
be able to jam on the keys and here only one of the patches - so far I
hear all of the patches that I have enabled in that mix.

2.  Any way to control the mix setup and playback via CW?  I have read
some about instrument def files - will this lead me down the right
path?

3.  I think that Soundbridge is out of the question for me - does SB
work with the original QS?  How about freeloader - is there a better /
similar utility?

Thanks very much for your help.

<aged midi re-user>