Newbie Midi Setup HELP!!

Post by GReaTTi.. » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 10:58:36

Hello,

I have a Yamaha midi keyboard and would like to hook it up to my
computer to write sheet music through MusicWrite software.  I am told I
have to buy a midi "hub" with a new sound card for the computer.  The
cheapest setup I have seen is around $ 200 bucks installed.

Do I have any other options?

Thanks, Glenn

Thanks

Newbie Midi Setup HELP!!

Post by Nuno Jorg » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 18:41:20

Describe me your Computer.

> Hello,

> I have a Yamaha midi keyboard and would like to hook it up to my
> computer to write sheet music through MusicWrite software.  I am told I
> have to buy a midi "hub" with a new sound card for the computer.  The
> cheapest setup I have seen is around $ 200 bucks installed.

> Do I have any other options?

> Thanks, Glenn

> Thanks

Newbie Midi Setup HELP!!

Post by Ansm1 » Sat, 30 Dec 2000 23:56:58

Quote:>Hello,

>I have a Yamaha midi keyboard and would like to hook it up to my
>computer to write sheet music through MusicWrite software.  I am told I
>have to buy a midi "hub" with a new sound card for the computer.  The
>cheapest setup I have seen is around $ 200 bucks installed.

>Do I have any other options?

I don't know about MusicWrite software, but
if your computer has serial port and your keyboad has "TO HOST" port,
cheepest way would be to buy Yamaha CCJ-PC1 cable and download Yamaha
CBX Driver from Yamaha site.

--
Annie

1. Help Newbie with MIDI Setup, please!

Neil,
   I don't have my Cakewalk ProAudio in front of me here so I'll try
from memory.
   Firstly, your MIDI OUT part of the cable has got to connect to the
MIDI IN into the PSR, and the MIDI IN of the cable has got to connect to
the MIDI OUT of the PSR.
     Next, set your PSR's MIDI RECIEVE channel to something that you
remember, like "1".  Now set MIDI THROUGH in Cakewalk to ON and MIDI OUT
to all channels or channel 1.
     Lastly, call Cakewalk Tech support for help if it still doesn't
work.

LAter,
-Kenz-

2. Need Advice On Buying

3. Newbie - Initial setup help

4. Can not add second DC

5. Stupid Newbie question midi setup

6. how disable internet access to one user

7. Basic MIDI setup - sorry, extreme newbie question ;)

8. where is the Best Place to buy 100+ NON-branded CD-R

9. Newbie question about system setup.

10. Newbie setup

11. Questions about newbie setup

12. Opinion: Mac setup for midi/record setup under $2000

13. Need help with Hard/Soft Synth MIDI Setup - Cabling