.MID via email

Post by Ron » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I use Netscape 3.01 and its email function. If a .mid file is attached
to an email, how can I setup Netscape to either play it automatically
or allow me to click the attachment and have it play. At present I
have to save the attachment to disk and then click which uses mplayer
to play. On the otherhand, a .JPG attached to an email displays
automatically.

Ron

.MID via email

Post by etta » Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Well you can always get Freeagent

etta

Quote:>I use Netscape 3.01 and its email function. If a .mid file is attached
>to an email, how can I setup Netscape to either play it automatically
>or allow me to click the attachment and have it play. At present I
>have to save the attachment to disk and then click which uses mplayer
>to play. On the otherhand, a .JPG attached to an email displays
>automatically.

>Ron

.MID via email

Post by Tom Kochi » Thu, 26 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Not sure if this works, but in 2.0 go to Options|General Preferences|
Helpers and put in the program you want invoked to play .mid files.

> I use Netscape 3.01 and its email function. If a .mid file is attached
> to an email, how can I setup Netscape to either play it automatically
> or allow me to click the attachment and have it play. At present I
> have to save the attachment to disk and then click which uses mplayer
> to play. On the otherhand, a .JPG attached to an email displays
> automatically.

> Ron

1. Midi via e-mail

I am looking for someone who is willing to trade MIDI files via e-mail.  I
am not asking for a deal like "I will send you a midi for any midi you send
me."  Every midi file out there is in the rights of its author or sequencer
and it is not my place to use them for a one on one trading session.  All I
am seeking is to bypass the tedious work of weeding through all of the
newsgroup messages or searching out decent web pages.  I am looking for
midi files that include the full name of the song and the original
group/artist.  I won't save a midi file if I don't know what it's called or
who it's originator is and I am sure I am missing out on many good midi
files because of that.  If you are willing to send midi files via e-mail,

Thank you

2. DFW ISDN Announcement

3. cakewalk to mid, mid to cubase, cakewalk to cubase - ?

4. Viewing different char sets in pine

5. programs to convert .mid to .kar or .kar to .mid

6. this is a test

7. Looking for 'hard rock' version of Mantroni.mid - mantroni.mid (1/1)

8. failed to link ATL project when not in debug mode

9. Looking for 'hard rock' version of Mantroni.mid - mantroni.mid (0/1)

10. cakewalk 8 pro manual needed: email me thanks

11. GET PAID TO READ EMAIL

12. To: Whomever Is Trying To Send Me Viruses In E-Mail Attachments

13. E-mail Processing Business