Experiment: put cakewalk .wrk files on web pages

Experiment: put cakewalk .wrk files on web pages

Post by RonWx » Mon, 06 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Attention Soundblaster live owners:  I need your help for an important
experiment

General midi does not allow as good audio as cakewalk .wrk files that use
soundfonts.  I think we might be able to play cakewalk files from web pages
if this experiment is sucessful.

I have learned how to get my browser to use cakewalk to play midi files, when
clicking midi files on web pages to make them play.
It works, but cakewalk is slow to load, and does not play some auto run files,
and only plays the clicked on links. I also have to close cakewalk before
clicking
the next song link on the web page.  The files instead of playing, download
right into cakewalk, and then I have to click play to start them.
This allows me to easily change the voices of midi files on web pages, and also
gives me all of the cakewalk save options to save the file, and add vocal
tracks
if I want before saving them..

  I did this by changing the association of midi files on my computer to use
cakewalk.   Now I need someone to test if we can do this with
cakewalks .wrk files.

My plan is to have a soundfont on my computer thats the same as the
soundfont the  .wrk file on your web page uses, and in the same directory as
in the attached path used for the soundbank.
.
I am hoping that if I go to your web page and play the  file, that it will be
sent
into cakewalk and  the attached soundfont will load, and it will play
just like it was recorded, and if there is an audio track, it will also
play.

If this works, then all we will need to do, is develope a standard soundfonts
collection, that everyone would put in the same directory.  The sound library
of 73 or so soundfonts on the install disk is to be this standard collection of
soundfonts.

Other soundfonts could eventually be added to this scheme and the
user would first download the soundfont to the correct directry, then click
on the .wrk file, and it would play.

Of course, your web page would include the directions for them to set their
cache
large enough that the soundfont could load.

YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO PARTICIPATE
 IN THIS EXPERIMENT:

Soundblaster live card

Cakewalk

A web page and a server, or get your web page host to add .wrk files to the
mime types allowed for web pages.

Know how to set mime types to permit cakewalk files to be transfered.
(add .wrk file extension to the list of files a web page allows users to
access)
and set .wrk in your servers mime types.

Put a cakewalk  *.wrk file on your web page and send me the address

I will send you the experimental cakewalk .wrk file, with everything set in it.
 All I
need you to do is put it on a web page  with a clickable link to it, and on a
server
that has .wrk extension added to its allowed mime types.

1. Saving cakewalk .wrk files as midi files

Hi all,
Call me dumb, but I just can't figure this out. When I installed Cakewalk I
must have clicked something that has henceforth turned all my Midi files
into Cakewalk files, and now I can't send them to anyone else. What pains me
even more is that I am unable to send my own Cakewalk compositions to any of
my friends to hear unless they have Cakewalk as well.

Can someone please tell me what I have to do in order to disable this
function of Cakewalk automatically saving anything to do with mid as a
'.wrk' file?

I tried to save it as a realplayer file, but when I go to play it, it says
'check for an updated version of realplayer'. I already have the latest
Realplayer, but for some unknown reason, Cakewalk chooses the old version
4.0!

So, I click on the thingie to contact Real Networks for a 'missing plug'.
Then, it tells me that the site is off the air. Oh joy.

Hence, I am here with a wondrous program called Cakewalk, but the only
people who can here my compositions are the neighbours.

Can somebody here offer some step by step instructions on what to do? I am a
pleb when it comes to computer stuff. I have windows 95. Cakewalk is circa
98.

Cheers!

Loadza

2. OK, so what about an easy question? :)

3. Web Page Design Ideas for MIDI File Pages.

4. - Issue PC command from AS/400 to specified PC ?

5. File Extension Change When Downloading .kar File From Web Page

6. tech support

7. ! !!!!!!!!! FREE MIDI files at my web page plus a MIDI FILE SEARCH ENGINE link !!!!!!!! !

8. Chinese Fonts Found! Here is address

9. looking for cakewalk wrk file definition

10. Cakewalk .wrk files to .mid Conversion

11. Put your Audio on the Web

12. !!!! Free SF2 files on my web page------>

13. MIDI files on web page that won't load