Yamaha P200 Question

Yamaha P200 Question

Post by A » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 12:33:48



Does anyone know if the Yamaha P200 digital "stage piano" is a GENERAL
midi device?  I know it has midi connections but I can't determine if
it is an actual GENERAL midi keyboard -- the Yamaha website (like most
big company websites) is not helpful.

Thanks,

AJ

 
 
 

Yamaha P200 Question

Post by Jeffery S. Jone » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 14:07:06



Quote:>Does anyone know if the Yamaha P200 digital "stage piano" is a GENERAL
>midi device?  I know it has midi connections but I can't determine if
>it is an actual GENERAL midi keyboard -- the Yamaha website (like most
>big company websites) is not helpful.

  No, it is an electric piano, it has a limited set of sounds intended
primarily for live performance, not sequencing.
--
*-__Jeffery Jones__________|  *Starfire*   |____________________-*
** Muskego WI Access Channel 14/25 <http://www.execpc.com/~jeffsj/mach7/>
*Starfire Design Studio* <http://www.starfiredesign.com/>

 
 
 

Yamaha P200 Question

Post by JB Seattl » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:54:23


No just piano sounds--if you want a good GM/XG workstation try Yamaha's top
of the line Korg stuff--the Karma is awsome--if my whole system was not
geared to Roland, the Karma is what I would buy.
If you are a pianist, you may find the touch keys on a midi workstation take
some getting used to over the weighted keys of a piano.
JB

Quote:> Does anyone know if the Yamaha P200 digital "stage piano" is a GENERAL
> midi device?  I know it has midi connections but I can't determine if
> it is an actual GENERAL midi keyboard -- the Yamaha website (like most
> big company websites) is not helpful.

> Thanks,

> AJ

 
 
 

Yamaha P200 Question

Post by A » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:34:56


Thanks, Jeff.

All I want to be able to do is to record the P200 via MIDI into a
laptop and then play it back thru the P200. Will I be able to do that?

AJ



> >Does anyone know if the Yamaha P200 digital "stage piano" is a GENERAL
> >midi device?  I know it has midi connections but I can't determine if
> >it is an actual GENERAL midi keyboard -- the Yamaha website (like most
> >big company websites) is not helpful.

>   No, it is an electric piano, it has a limited set of sounds intended
> primarily for live performance, not sequencing.

 
 
 

Yamaha P200 Question

Post by Oogle » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 11:29:52


If you can record in a laptop, I assume you have a midi interface  (as most
laptop don't come with a midi port). And if you have a midi port, then
definitely you can play back to your P200.

I have a Nanosynth and a Roland Synth  but for some piano pieces, I still
want to playbak thru my Yamaha AWM equipped piano.



> Thanks, Jeff.

> All I want to be able to do is to record the P200 via MIDI into a
> laptop and then play it back thru the P200. Will I be able to do that?

> AJ




>> >Does anyone know if the Yamaha P200 digital "stage piano" is a
>> >GENERAL midi device?  I know it has midi connections but I can't
>> >determine if it is an actual GENERAL midi keyboard -- the Yamaha
>> >website (like most big company websites) is not helpful.

>>   No, it is an electric piano, it has a limited set of sounds
>>   intended
>> primarily for live performance, not sequencing.

 
 
 

Yamaha P200 Question

Post by Jeffery S. Jone » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 00:07:25




Quote:

>If you can record in a laptop, I assume you have a midi interface  (as most
>laptop don't come with a midi port). And if you have a midi port, then
>definitely you can play back to your P200.

  Yes, you can record it, and it also makes a fine controller for
another synth.  Its own sounds, though, are limited to a performance
piano set, so you can't use it to play a GM sequence properly.  But on
its own channel it will do just fine for its sounds.

>I have a Nanosynth and a Roland Synth  but for some piano pieces, I still
>want to playbak thru my Yamaha AWM equipped piano.



>> Thanks, Jeff.

>> All I want to be able to do is to record the P200 via MIDI into a
>> laptop and then play it back thru the P200. Will I be able to do that?

>> AJ




>>> >Does anyone know if the Yamaha P200 digital "stage piano" is a
>>> >GENERAL midi device?  I know it has midi connections but I can't
>>> >determine if it is an actual GENERAL midi keyboard -- the Yamaha
>>> >website (like most big company websites) is not helpful.

>>>   No, it is an electric piano, it has a limited set of sounds
>>>   intended
>>> primarily for live performance, not sequencing.

--
*-__Jeffery Jones__________|  *Starfire*   |____________________-*
** Muskego WI Access Channel 14/25 <http://www.execpc.com/~jeffsj/mach7/>
*Starfire Design Studio* <http://www.starfiredesign.com/>
 
 
 

1. yamaha P200 into cakewalk

Hello, newbie here.

I have a yamaha p200 which I have just hooked up to my (pc) computer, using
a joystick to midi cable - into my soundblaster valu.  Anyway, the out goes
to in, and in to out etc.  I am mainly using cakewalk pro9, but do have
soundforge(4.5) as well.  What I am trying to do is put the sounds on my
yamaha p200 into cakewalk.  I can play my p200 and hear and see the general
midi sounds recorded into cakewalk.  What I can't seem to do is get cakewalk
to find the p200 sounds.  So the two are connected, and I can hear myself
play, I just can't get the p200 sounds or for it to say "yamaha p200"
anywhere in the program.  Is this possible?  I would like to get a great
sounding piano sound into cakewalk, instead of the tinnier onboard piano,
but I could be trying the impossible?  ProTools at school seems to
recognized it is hooked to our roland synths and such (but pro tools free
doesn't work on nt systems like I have... )

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry if this is a repeat or
dumb question, but I just joined and don't see anything similar here now..
=)

thanks, and hope I make some sort of sense,

Jepo.

2. news from COMDEX

3. SB Live! with Cyrix p200+....

4. Question about "show ip bgp regexp" output

5. QUESTION...QUESTION...QUESTION...QUESTION...

6. Someone successfully running InterNotes News?

7. YAMAHA POWERED SPEAKERS YST-M15 Question

8. writing large tape blocks

9. A question about Yamaha S03 and NI FM7...

10. [== Questions about YAMAHA SY-77 Synthsizer ==]

11. Yamaha PSR540 Keyboard--Beginners questions

12. Yamaha PSR225 questions

13. yamaha QY70 editing question...