drum eq help!

Post by Greg » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:43:26

Please: does anyone have any info on the best way to use the Equalizer plug
ins in cakewalk?
I'm looking for the eq settings for drum parts that were recorded from midi
to audio.

I have books on how to eq real live drums like in the old days, but I need
to know how that applies to the new midi and elec drums.

example: what frequencies should I boost or cut for a given drum part?

Greg

drum eq help!

Post by Laurence Payn » Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:37:02

Quote:>Please: does anyone have any info on the best way to use the Equalizer plug
>ins in cakewalk?
>I'm looking for the eq settings for drum parts that were recorded from midi
>to audio.

>I have books on how to eq real live drums like in the old days, but I need
>to know how that applies to the new midi and elec drums.

>example: what frequencies should I boost or cut for a given drum part?

Possibly none, if you're using sampled drums.  I'm sure the sounds are
designed to fit together well 'straight out of the box'.

If you want to change anything, treat them the same as any other drum
source.   Just note that they are quite probably compressed and
equalised already.