cakewalk to mid, mid to cubase, cakewalk to cubase - ?

cakewalk to mid, mid to cubase, cakewalk to cubase - ?

Post by Wilson Zor » Mon, 19 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I'm looking to see if anybody has a batch utility to convert cakewalk to
cubase files or cakewalk to mid and/or mid to cubase?  I did get a good
suggestion to use a macro utility and probably will end up pursuing that,
but in the meantime if you know of a utility that does any of these things,
I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

cakewalk to mid, mid to cubase, cakewalk to cubase - ?

Post by JB/Seattl » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Both read standard midi files simply turn either into SMF to be read by the
other.  You will lose some native functions on each that are particular to
their way of using midi data outside of the standard.
JB

Quote:> Hi, I'm looking to see if anybody has a batch utility to convert cakewalk
> cubase files or cakewalk to mid and/or mid to cubase?  I did get a good
> suggestion to use a macro utility and probably will end up pursuing that,
> but in the meantime if you know of a utility that does any of these
things,
> I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

cakewalk to mid, mid to cubase, cakewalk to cubase - ?

Post by Wilson Zor » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, and thanks to others with similar replies.  However, as I have 100s
of these I am looking for a batch solution.  I am playing with a macro
device but the filename thing gets tricky.  What I want may not exist, and,
anyway, thanks to all for their help so far.

> Both read standard midi files simply turn either into SMF to be read by
the
> other.  You will lose some native functions on each that are particular to
> their way of using midi data outside of the standard.
> JB

> > Hi, I'm looking to see if anybody has a batch utility to convert
cakewalk
> > cubase files or cakewalk to mid and/or mid to cubase?  I did get a good
> > suggestion to use a macro utility and probably will end up pursuing
that,
> > but in the meantime if you know of a utility that does any of these
> things,
> > I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

1. converting Cakewalk to Cubase or wrk->mid->all

Hi - just checking, it's been a while since I last did - anybody know of any
BATCH utilities to convert Cakewalk to Cubase format (wrk->all) OR Cakewalk
to mid OR mid to Cubase?  I know I can do them one at a time from the menus
given, but have 100s and want to automate/speed process.  Thanks.

2. figure -- caption ??

3. Convert a mid file in Cubase file

4. a good read.

5. New MID sequences + Cubase-related stuff

6. Problems creating XLV on O2

7. wav & mid with CUBASE

8. NIS AIX->HPUX problems

9. How to include port info in Cakewalk .MID export?

10. Cakewalk .mid files missing tracks

11. Cakewalk quits mid-sequence

12. Cakewalk .wrk files to .mid Conversion

13. programs to convert .mid to .kar or .kar to .mid