.wav files (need to store a constant in it somewhere)

.wav files (need to store a constant in it somewhere)

Post by Stev » Wed, 03 Jul 2002 23:56:46

Hi,

There was an article a few years back about wav file format
(header,data,footer).

I am trying to insert a special "constant" into my .wav files and I'm
told that the best place is in the footer of the riff file.  Does
anyone know info about wav header/footer and a place where I can store
a 16 or 32 bit number w/o corrupting the .wav file?

I've tried searching for specs, but i'm having some trouble finding
any info about the footer specification.

Thanks for any help,
Steve Jones

here's the old post...

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=4l4sr7%2415...

.wav files (need to store a constant in it somewhere)

Post by Jim Johns » Thu, 04 Jul 2002 04:56:42

Quote:> There was an article a few years back about wav file format
> (header,data,footer).

If there was such an article, it has no connection with reality. RIFF files do
not have headers or footers.. they have chunks. The chunks can be anything and
can come in pretty much any order.

What you want to do is define your own custom chunk.

Track down the RIFF specifican and go from there.

--
Jim Johnson
Metaphoric Software

.wav files (need to store a constant in it somewhere)

Post by napp » Sat, 06 Jul 2002 22:06:22

but there is a header for each chunk.

I suppose you could make your OWN chunk.Other  Parsers should ignore it.