MIDI output devices

Post by Bryan Cas » Wed, 01 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I would like to upgrade my current soundcards (SB16 and GUS Classic) to a
better-sounding system.  I am looking for the most realistic-sounding
acoustic instruments - e.g. piano, strings, brass, woodwinds, etc.  I am
wondering what the best course of action would be, since I also could use a
good keyboard.  Does anyone have an opinion on whether to look for a
quality (Kurzweil?) soundcard, or are there MIDI keyboards out there can
can function as a MIDI Out and sound as good or better than any PC hardware
(and be not too much more expensive)?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Bryan

MIDI output devices

Post by Nick Whi » Thu, 02 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>I would like to upgrade my current soundcards (SB16 and GUS Classic) to a
>better-sounding system.  I am looking for the most realistic-sounding
>acoustic instruments - e.g. piano, strings, brass, woodwinds, etc.  I am
>wondering what the best course of action would be, since I also could use a
>good keyboard.  Does anyone have an opinion on whether to look for a
>quality (Kurzweil?) soundcard, or are there MIDI keyboards out there can
>can function as a MIDI Out and sound as good or better than any PC hardware
>(and be not too much more expensive)?

You are torn by a common force<G>. I can ionly siggest that you keep
listening to more and more expensive stuff, until you hear the most
you can afford, or find what you consider the best value

please remove ns from my address when replying. damn spam!
Nick White

    !!
   <")
   _/ )
   (   )
  _//- \__/

MIDI output devices

Post by Timothy Kell » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi All,
   Well, today you can find soundcards with sounds from all the major synth
companies. Pick up a soundcard from Roland, Yamaha, one using the K Mass chip,
Korg, you would have 4 soundcard synths, and save thousands over getting the
same sounds in a keyboard or external sound modules.
   Many of the new modules and keyboards have pc midi interface ports built
in, so one can go the no soundcard route also.
   There are a bunch of low end keyboards in the $600-995 US range, that will
do the job. Check out as many as you can. Some are bundled with extra sounds,
keyboard stands, software. All sound different and have different features, so
you have to find one you like. All the major makers have synths in this price
range. Roland, Yamaha, Korg, Alesis, Casio, etc.
   Happy Sounds
   Timothy Kelly
   MidiVox

1. Java MIDI output device to MIDI Yoke.

Hello

I want to send Midi note from my Java application to another
commercial music application (FruityLoop). I use the Midi Yoke to make
the loop from the Output To the Input and It works fine except for
MIDI from my Java APP.

When I play MIDI with the MidiPlayer example from jsresources.org I
choose the Yoke Midi output device but the music still play in the
speakers. MidiPlayer found the Yoke output port but look like using
the default Ouput. Is it a bug in the sample ?

 I use JDK 1.3 but I also try with 1.4.1 and I have the same result.
Any one have use the MIDI YOKE Mapper with Java ?

Thank you

2. Reconditioned Cellular Phone Retail?

3. Cubase default output device problem

4. Outlook 2k/XP SBS 2k issues

5. PowerMac output vs. Audio Media III output

6. public domain integer FFT?

7. Can't get MIDI input from my device to Win XP + Game Port MIDI

8. plaintext to PS in printer model

9. Midi Advice on Midi Device Needed

10. Win95 Midi limitation of 11 midi devices...HELP

11. MIDI in- and output

12. output midi file audio directly to wave editor?

13. why doesnt my keyboard midi output get through Windows?