808-style MIDI drum sequencer?

Post by Ian Uprig » Fri, 30 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi..  I'm looking for a MIDI sequencer, that produces MIDI output, but works
like an 808, with the pretty little lights zipping accross the bottom.  It
should work under Windows 95.  I know there are programs that emulate the
808 in the same way, like the Rebirth or Hammerhead, but they produce AUDIO
data, and not MIDI data.  I want one that works just like that, but produces
MIDI data to drive my sampler.  Who makes such a gadget?

Thanks muchly, Ian

                  http://www.peacesummit.com/ian/home.html

Post by Jean Francois Luca » Sat, 31 May 1997 04:00:00

> Hi..  I'm looking for a MIDI sequencer, that produces MIDI output, but works
> like an 808, with the pretty little lights zipping accross the bottom.  It
> should work under Windows 95.  I know there are programs that emulate the
> 808 in the same way, like the Rebirth or Hammerhead, but they produce AUDIO
> data, and not MIDI data.  I want one that works just like that, but produces
> MIDI data to drive my sampler.  Who makes such a gadget?

> Thanks muchly, Ian

You could try Seq-303 : small (and very nice) MIDI sequencer that claims
emulate analog sequencing.

I don't know if the emulation is 'realistic', I've never used
an "analog" sequencer.

Downloadable at : http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/midi/win95.html

JFrL_

808-style MIDI drum sequencer?

Post by Dan Nigr » Sat, 31 May 1997 04:00:00

Yeah, this was one of my thoughts too, when I checked out both of the
programs you mentioned.  Perhaps a message to the Hammerhead guy?  This
shouldn't be too hard of hack to add on to the code he's already
written...Perhaps the Rebirth folks too, they seem to be pretty responsive
to suggestions.  My only addition to what you said would be that I'm
pre*ly a Mac user, so would like to see support for it as well.

--
Dan Nigrin
Defective Records / 202 Hack

http://www.veryComputer.com/~geh/defective.html

808-style MIDI drum sequencer?

Post by Fata » Sat, 31 May 1997 04:00:00

I've been using it with my Novation DrumStationRack,
with great result.
Sean P. O'Connor
MIDI Product Manager, USA
Music Industries Corporation
www.musicindustries.com

808-style MIDI drum sequencer?

Post by Eric Hi » Sun, 01 Jun 1997 04:00:00

tekknobox does all this and more, though it's a touch buggy still.
check out http://www.primenet.com/~planb

eric

check your headers

1. < FS - BOSS DR660 Drum Machine - 909 / 808 samples >

Hi

I'm selling a Boss DR660 Drum Machine - mint condition, boxed, contains
909 and 808 samples. Editiable chorus, reverb, flager, delay on every
drum!!!!

All this for only 190!!!!!

the NOSPAM part from the email address with this header)

Cheers

Andy

ps You can hear it in action at my WEB page below

Electronica?Techno?Synth-pop?Dance? You tell me!
/ / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / / \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \
        http://wkweb4.cableinet.co.uk/kaleid/K.HTM
\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ / / / / / / / / / / / / / /

pps. Tracks Run - remix, Durrel - remix, and Handover do not feature the
Boss DR660 drums.

2. ADSL QAM uses max. 15 bits per Ton. Why?

3. ...ooOO ROLLAND TR-808/909 (DRUM) SAMPLES FOR ULTRASOUND MAX 00oo..

4. gnu g++ v3.2 complex library misery

5. FS: Roland MSQ100 (for syncing 303/606/808 to midi) $150

6. How to trap F1 within dialog boxes?

7. 303 & 808 Emulator

8. Multiface 1

9. FS: Roland TR-808

10. FS: TR-808 and TR-909

11. tk707 0.6, a MIDI drum sequencer for Linux a MIDI (Roland TR-707 like)