Keyboard for Laptop MIDI

Post by Dazze » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 18:55:21

Anyone know of a small keyboard (like a small casio or something like that)
which I can use to input music into a Macintosh Powerbook with a serial MIDI
interface? I have seen a little evolution model (2.5 octave minikeys) but it
has a PC Midi interface - no good for me. I am using Logic Audio and am in
the UK. Any ideas?

regards

Dazzer!

Keyboard for Laptop MIDI

Post by 3rd Alb » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:28:16

> Anyone know of a small keyboard (like a small casio or something like that)
> which I can use to input music into a Macintosh Powerbook with a serial MIDI
> interface? I have seen a little evolution model (2.5 octave minikeys) but it
> has a PC Midi interface - no good for me. I am using Logic Audio and am in
> the UK. Any ideas?

Sorry, I don't have any ideas. What you can do with Logic Audio is have a
non-GM keyboard, use it to input notes, and playback through Quicktime
Musical Instruments.

Also, you should be careful to use the Printer port for the interface,
rather than the Modem port. The Printer port is better for MIDI.

Keyboard for Laptop MIDI

Post by JB/Seattl » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 00:35:39

Goto www.edirol.com and ask them
JB

Post by Paypal Suc » Sat, 17 Mar 2001 15:13:06

Quote:>Goto www.edirol.com and ask them
>JB

What makes you think they know more than we do ?

-pps

1. What MIDI Keyboard for a Laptop?

My daughter would like to get a modest MIDI keyboard and connect it to her
laptop, but the laptop lacks a MIDI port.  I have heard that there are
$200-class devices that convert a parallel port to a MIDI port, but it would
be nice to find a cheaper alternative.  For example, I think I recall that the
Miracle Piano, although a MIDI device, used a standard serial port.  Any
suggestions?  TIA -- David

2. Please Help! My internal fax/modem works with WFW but not Windows 95

3. MIDI Keyboard w/Laptop?

4. how can i copy from IE to frontpage but not in html format?

5. Laptop to Midi Keyboard

6. Ports Issue on my ISA server

7. Hooking up keyboard to laptop

8. BVS Reviews February 2001 Edition

9. FS: Yamaha QY-70, Fatar Keyboard, Toshiba Laptop

10. Keyboard input to laptop via MU90R?

11. Best way to connect a keyboard to a laptop

12. laptop to keyboard...how??

13. ?Midi Controller Keyboard & Keyboard