Little example of programming with Midi and Java: a Little Organ

Little example of programming with Midi and Java: a Little Organ

Post by Hans Kam » Wed, 09 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have made a Java MIDI example with JDK1.3

It is a little organ. In my case it sends MIDI commands to my synthesizer.
It has a combobox in which you can choose an instrument, and the letters C,
C#, D, D#, etc. If you press the mouse button on it you hear a tone, until
you release it, in which case the synthesizer stops playing it.

It is at:

    http://www.hanskamp.com/java/midi/LittleOrgan.java

--

Hans Kamp (Win2000)

www.hanskamp.com

1. Great piano midi files with one little problem...

There are some great classical solo piano midi files from the recent
"e-piano competition" sponsored by Yamaha at::

http://www.piano-e-competition.com/winners.htm

They play fine on my computer and on my Roland KR piano.  However, when I
try to direct the midi stream to an external device (Gigastudio) using the
Roland's "Composer Out" setting, it doesn't work - the midi is not
transmitted.  These are the only files I've ever seen do this.  Any ideas
about how to edit them to eliminate the problem?
--
jim

2. Pointcast Network Software under WINOS2 ??

3. Keyboard based midi... a little help?

4. Unable to receive calls

5. Little Shop of Horrors - Midis wanted

6. glbd keeps core dumping

7. need a little help with cooledit....

8. How to have "Ctrl + +" added into the menu item in VB

9. Big WAVes to little WAVes?

10. Is 24 polyphony too little on the K2000 for orchestra arrangements?

11. Announce: Dreamland... my "little" world.

12. need a little help deciding

13. WANTED: KX88 or A90 controller only a little used