XG - SYSEX Decoder now available

Post by Mike Le Vo » Fri, 03 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Good XG MID files are made up of many components. One of the most
interesting is the use of the effects unit. On the DB50XG and SW60XG etc
the effects processor and other "tweaking" is controlled via "System
Exclusive" messages. However, SYSEX is difficult to understand and a
pain in the neck to write.

However, VBSYX makes it easy. It reads MID/WRK files and decodes all
those horrible little messages so you can see just how the composer got
those weird and wonderful sounds. Get it from my home page. Enjoy.

Cheers,

Mike Le Voi

Author of VBSYX - The MIDI SYSEX Decoder/Encoder for Windows
Download it from: http://modemss.brisnet.org.au/~mlevoi

1. XG/GS SYSEX Decoder now available

Version 2.4 of VBSYX decodes all XG and GS SYSEX messages. It also reads
any MID file or Cakewalk WRK file and extracts SYSEX messages from them.

VBSYX is an invaluable teaching tool and also functions as a Patch
Librarian.

Get your copy now from my home page - see below :-)

Cheers,

Mike Le Voi
Author of VBSYX - The XG/GS SYSEX Encoder/Decoder for Windows
Visit my MIDI Home Page: http://modemss.brisnet.org.au/~mlevoi

2. need S-file examples

3. XG SYSEX Decoder now available

4. VOICE and FAX add-on for Notes

5. XG/GS SYSEX Decoder for Windows

6. Can't get started with CW7

7. XG GS SYSEX DECODER/ENCODER

8. HEWTRAND

9. GS XG SYSEX DECODER/ENCODER

10. XG GS SYSEX DECODER/ENCODER

11. XG/GS Patch Librarian and SYSEX Decoder

12. XG/GS SYSEX Decoder voted No 1 by Yamaha UK