HOW DO I STORE A MIDI FILE ON THE NET FOR EASY DOWNLOADING?

HOW DO I STORE A MIDI FILE ON THE NET FOR EASY DOWNLOADING?

Post by pete » Mon, 16 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me how to leave (store) a file on the internet so that
anyone can download it?

Peter

Email me would be the best way

Thank you

Post by Philip Rowland » Tue, 17 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> Can anyone tell me how to leave (store) a file on the internet so that
> anyone can download it?

> Peter

> Email me would be the best way

> Thank you

Firstly, you need to find a computer that is permanently connected. The
first place to look would be your ISP. Do you get any free web space
included with your account?
If so, just follow the instructions they give you about setting up your
web page. You might need to learn simple HTML.

If your ISP doesn't give you any web space, then your next best option
is to get someone else to give you some of their web space. This can be
a friend, collegue, or one of the bigger free web space providers.
GeoCities (http://www.geocities.com/) or FortuneCity
(http://www.fortunecity.com/). These give you 2MB and 6MB of free space,
respectivly.

Another option is an ftp site, but the above info should work fine.

Phil

HOW DO I STORE A MIDI FILE ON THE NET FOR EASY DOWNLOADING?

Post by darre.. » Fri, 12 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Simply upload the file to your server and create a link to the file on
your web page ..

Hope this helps ...

Darren

http://home.pacbell.net/darrensw/midifile.htm

Quote:>Can anyone tell me how to leave (store) a file on the internet so that