Reference recommendations

Post by Charli » Sun, 07 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Can someone recommend a few good reference books for a beginner?
I'm trying to set up a small home studio for my wife, who teaches piano.

We have Cakewalk, a PC with SB 16 card, and a Roland digital piano
with a MT-100.

I'd appreciate an answer either by post or e-mail, but if e-mailing,
please
remove the tildes (~), added in a futile attempt to cut down on spam.

Charlie

1. Recommend Good Technical Reference?

Greetings,

I have been asked to research the feasibility of building a midi
interface to convert an old church organ.  I have plenty of
experience designing and building electronics, but have no
previous knowledge of midi, other than the general impression
that it involves a serial communications protocol.

Can someone point me to a good technical reference that
will give me specifications on protocol, timing, voltage and
current levels, etc?

TIA,

http://www.bright.net/~rkerman

2. Pocket PC Connection Pass Through and TCP/IP - Part 2

3. Know a good MIDI reference book?

4. Bank float and accountability?

5. syncing MIDI tempo to external reference

6. msoworld.com monthly $500 programming contest starts this Sunday

7. Good MIDI/AUDIO/ELECTRONIC/MUSIC Reference

8. Compatible Systems on Red Hat 6.2

9. midi and C++ programming reference

10. ** Need References For Roland Sysex Model ID Values **

11. Where can I find a REFERENCE OF MIDI I/O MESSAGES

12. C++ midi programming reference...

13. best pair of reference monitors?