MidiSyn is a very easy to use Windows program that lets you convert
your MIDI files to WAVE. You can listen to the generated WAVE files
directly or you can convert them to MP3 files or even burn them into
audio CDs so that you can listen to them on your Hi-Fi or car-stereo.
This is a software only process that uses your PC standard resources.
You don't need any dedicated hardware or software to successfully
use MidiSyn. It uses standard SoundFonts as the basis for its
The new version 1.7 of MidiSyn is available at:
If you want to have an idea of the sound quality that you can obtain
by using the program please listen to:
If this site is down, please try this one:
The main advantages of using MidiSyn are:
1) Good sound quality - You can use really big SoundFonts, even
bigger than the available memory in your PC.
2) Low noise - There is no D/A and A/D conversion involved
3) A batch facility to convert several MIDIs without user intervention
4) External control of Reverberation, Chorus, Tempo, Transposition,
Master Volume and Compressor Gain parameters
5) A MIDI mixer, that you can use to adjust the volume of each
instrument in a MIDI file.