New version of MidiSyn - a MIDI to WAVE file converter

New version of MidiSyn - a MIDI to WAVE file converter

Post by Hugo Migu » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 07:17:52

Hello all

MidiSyn is a very easy to use Windows program that lets you convert
your MIDI files to WAVE. You can listen to the generated WAVE files
directly or you can convert them to MP3 files or even burn them into
audio CDs so that you can listen to them on your Hi-Fi or car-stereo.

This is a software only process that uses your PC standard resources.
You don't need any dedicated hardware or software to successfully
use MidiSyn. It uses standard SoundFonts as the basis for its
rendering engine.

The new version 1.7 of MidiSyn is available at:

    http://planeta.clix.pt/acesteves/MidiSyn/MSynMain.htm

If you want to have an idea of the sound quality that you can obtain
by using the program please listen to:

    http://marisarito.planetaclix.pt/travels.mp3

If this site is down, please try this one:

    http://humiguel.planetaclix.pt/travels.mp3

The main advantages of using MidiSyn are:

1) Good sound quality - You can use really big SoundFonts, even
   bigger than the available memory in your PC.
2) Low noise - There is no D/A and A/D conversion involved
3) A batch facility to convert several MIDIs without user intervention
4) External control of Reverberation, Chorus, Tempo, Transposition,
   Master Volume and Compressor Gain parameters
5) A MIDI mixer, that you can use to adjust the volume of each
   instrument in a MIDI file.

New version of MidiSyn - a MIDI to WAVE file converter

Post by captmi.. » Fri, 15 Mar 2002 06:35:36

I'm not a big-time midi-musician... but I would like to convert a midi
nursery rhyme sound clip to a wav.  I DL'd this trial program, but I
don't understand what a sound font is or how I activate it.  I have a
Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! PCI card in my system.  Can you give
me a hint on what a sound font is, and how I'd go about setting up the
program to play the midi clip and output to a wav file?

I understand the easy stuff... like load the midi file, but I keep
getting messages that the sound font is missing or corrupt.

Mike

Quote:>Hello all

>MidiSyn is a very easy to use Windows program that lets you convert
>your MIDI files to WAVE. You can listen to the generated WAVE files
>directly or you can convert them to MP3 files or even burn them into
>audio CDs so that you can listen to them on your Hi-Fi or car-stereo.

>This is a software only process that uses your PC standard resources.
>You don't need any dedicated hardware or software to successfully
>use MidiSyn. It uses standard SoundFonts as the basis for its
>rendering engine.

>The new version 1.7 of MidiSyn is available at:

>    http://planeta.clix.pt/acesteves/MidiSyn/MSynMain.htm

>If you want to have an idea of the sound quality that you can obtain
>by using the program please listen to:

>    http://marisarito.planetaclix.pt/travels.mp3

>If this site is down, please try this one:

>    http://humiguel.planetaclix.pt/travels.mp3

>The main advantages of using MidiSyn are:

>1) Good sound quality - You can use really big SoundFonts, even
>   bigger than the available memory in your PC.
>2) Low noise - There is no D/A and A/D conversion involved
>3) A batch facility to convert several MIDIs without user intervention
>4) External control of Reverberation, Chorus, Tempo, Transposition,
>   Master Volume and Compressor Gain parameters
>5) A MIDI mixer, that you can use to adjust the volume of each
>   instrument in a MIDI file.

1. New version 1.9 of MidiSyn - a MIDI to WAVE file converter

Hello all

MidiSyn is a very easy to use Windows program that lets you convert
your MIDI or .KAR karaoke files to WAVE. You can listen to the
generated WAVE files directly or you can convert them to MP3 or
even burn them into an audio CD. You can listen to the resulting
CD on your Hi-Fi or car-stereo or use it for accompaniment while
you sing live, in a karaoke style.

This is a software only process that uses your PC standard resources.
You don't need any dedicated hardware to successfully use MidiSyn.
It uses standard SoundFonts as the basis for its rendering engine.

The new version 1.9 of MidiSyn is available at:

    http://futalgo.planetaclix.pt/midisyn/index.htm

The main advantages of using MidiSyn are:

1) Converts standard MIDI files as well as .KAR Karaoke files.
2) Good sound quality - You can use really big SoundFonts, even
   bigger than the available memory on your PC.
3) Low noise - There is no D/A and A/D conversion involved.
4) The conversion is faster than real time, provided that you
   have a powerful machine.
5) A batch facility to convert several files without user
intervention.
6) External control of Reverberation, Chorus, Tempo, Transposition,
   Master Volume and Compressor Level parameters.
7) A MIDI mixer that you can use to adjust the volume of each
   instrument in a MIDI file. You can even completely remove one
   instrument or, conversely, single out one instrument.
8) A Delay effects unit that you can use to implement not only the
   classical Delay unit, but also Echo, Phaser, Flanger and even
Chorus.
9) It automatically rescales the output file to the maximum volume,
   giving a consistent loudness across a set of files.

Hugo

2. message recieved 13 hours in front of system time

3. New version 1.8 of MidiSyn - a MIDI to WAVE file converter

4. Recent XML Development

5. New version of MidiSyn - a MIDI to WAVE file converter (Freeware)

6. SIOUX

7. MidiSyn - a new MIDI to WAVE file converter (Freeware)

8. sendmail forwarding

9. Version 1.0 of MidiKare - a MIDI and KAR to WAVE file converter

10. ANNOUNCE: NEW version of Digital Ear [Wave to MIDI] FREE DEMO AT: http://digitalear.iwarp.com/

11. New free wave to midi converter

12. New Virtual Waves synthesizer's files