reduce tempo and quantization

Post by Sebastian » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:36:32

Hi
I built a song in FruityLoops (unfortunately) with a tempo of 380 to get my
64(instead of 8) beats per pattern running in a proper tempo. Now I wanted
to inport it in Cubase, but the actual tempo of the song should be 95. Is
there a possibility to reduce the length of all midi-notes by 1/4, so a 1/4
note becomes a 1/16? because i dont want to do it manually. perhaps a
function in cubase sx or with a external midi-editing tool?
thx
Sebastian

reduce tempo and quantization

Post by Laurence Payn » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:54:26

Quote:>I built a song in FruityLoops (unfortunately) with a tempo of 380 to get my
>64(instead of 8) beats per pattern running in a proper tempo. Now I wanted
>to inport it in Cubase, but the actual tempo of the song should be 95. Is
>there a possibility to reduce the length of all midi-notes by 1/4, so a 1/4
>note becomes a 1/16? because i dont want to do it manually. perhaps a
>function in cubase sx or with a external midi-editing tool?

You want to do more than reduce the note lengths.  That would leave
them playing at the same time, with gaps between.

Yes, Cubase will do this. Logical Edit has Presets called Half Tempo
and Double Tempo.

Or just turn the tempo down in Cubase.  SX supports tempos up to 300.
I'd be interested to learn what tempo it uses for a midi file tempo
380.  What happens?

CubaseFAQ page www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm

reduce tempo and quantization

Post by Sebastian » Sun, 13 Jul 2003 00:47:06

quite funny...
when I import the file, Cubase keeps the tempo of 380 and plays it with 380,
but shows only 300. As soon as I change the tempo, I cant change it back to
380...300 is the max.
but everything works fine now at 95 :-)
thx

Quote:> >I built a song in FruityLoops (unfortunately) with a tempo of 380 to get
my
> >64(instead of 8) beats per pattern running in a proper tempo. Now I
wanted
> >to inport it in Cubase, but the actual tempo of the song should be 95. Is
> >there a possibility to reduce the length of all midi-notes by 1/4, so a
1/4
> >note becomes a 1/16? because i dont want to do it manually. perhaps a
> >function in cubase sx or with a external midi-editing tool?

> You want to do more than reduce the note lengths.  That would leave
> them playing at the same time, with gaps between.

> Yes, Cubase will do this. Logical Edit has Presets called Half Tempo
> and Double Tempo.

> Or just turn the tempo down in Cubase.  SX supports tempos up to 300.
> I'd be interested to learn what tempo it uses for a midi file tempo
> 380.  What happens?

> CubaseFAQ page www.laurencepayne.co.uk/CubaseFAQ.htm

1. help: reduce song tempo and note length

Hi
I built a song in FruityLoops (unfortunately) with a tempo of 380 to get my
64(instead of 8) beats per pattern running in a proper tempo. Now I wanted
to inport it in Cubase, but the actual tempo of the song should be 95. Is
there a possibility to reduce the length of all midi-notes by 1/4, so a 1/4
note becomes a 1/16? because i dont want to do it manually. perhaps a
function in cubase sx or with a external midi-editing tool?
thx
Sebastian

2. Configuring a SONY MO drive in solaris 2.6?

3. Question: How to reduce a symphony into phrases?

4. strange noise

5. How to reduce the speed of a file .mid ?

6. ftp problem

7. IntelliScore price reduced

8. Does Anyone out there have a mouse driver for SVGA?

9. IntelliScore polyphonic wav to midi converter. Price reduced!

10. FS: Books -- Price reduced 10 for $50 pp

11. FS: KORG N5 - New! - Reduced$$$

12. ESQ-M Like New $265.00 Price reduced to sell!

13. FS:(REDUCED) Korg korg Wavestation wavestation A/D a/d