awe32 sysex & awetoy

Post by Astralfo » Mon, 26 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>now i have this ability i want to utilise it from my sequencing software. so
>i have been recording the sysex messages, and playing them out of cakewalk
>... but, they do nothing.

I was always under the impression that Awetoy directly accessed the AWE
hardware to tweak FX (no Midi). The only FX related sysex tweaks are the GS
compatible FX selection strings ( for selecting FX presets)...

awe32 sysex & awetoy

Post by Astralfo » Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>> I was always under the impression that Awetoy directly accessed the AWE
>> hardware to tweak FX (no Midi). The only FX related sysex tweaks are the GS
>> compatible FX selection strings ( for selecting FX presets)...

>i was afraid that might be the case. but if it is, why does the awetoy allow
>you to save and send the sysex strings you create when the paraemters are
>tweaked. can these be useful in some way? ... maybe?

I don't think there is any sysex sending when you tweak FX in Awetoy. I'd like
to find out for sure though. Is there a way to monitor data that goes to the
card? Adusting the FX is a hit and miss affair ( hit that panic button!). The
FX in the AWE cards are more capable than most people realize but Awetoy seems
to be the only app to tweak them...BTW Awetoy can save your new FX patches
which is pretty cool...

1. AWE32/AWEToy with W98 & SBLive!

People using AWE32's with AWEToy...surely the majority...have you had
any trouble installing AWEToy in w98? I'm in the process of reinstalling
my music software and have hit a funny little block with it.

I get the message 'AWE32 not installed' from AWEToy (even tho' Device
Manager says it is) when I try to start the program. I'm trying to use
it alongside an SBLive! Value, with the Hoontech i/o bracket so I can
spdif the emu chip output into the SBLV.

(I've noticed that this link has some quite pervasive effects, like
forcing the SBLV sample rate down to 44.1k...) I've tried undoing the
link and reinstalling the AWE32, but no joy so far. What's odd is that
last time I installed it in W98 it worked fine...

I'd hate to lose this great little facility. Any ideas?

Dave M.

2. TreeView in WinForms

3. Sysex AWE32

4. FYI: Type1 Palm System Font

5. how to use AWEtoy

6. How do you do "cin>>dec>>variable; with operator>> ?

7. for new AweToy - Click Here -

8. Where can I get crystals for A5000 arm/memory?

9. awetoy

10. New AWETOY Midi FX

11. SysEx & Cakewalk Home Studio 7?

12. Korg M1, MIDIGraphy & SysEx