Midi set-up

Post by Eric D. Jackso » Tue, 24 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hi,
I'm trying to switch my Midi set-up from my Amiga to my PC. I have a
Soundscape Vivo in my PC. I also have a Roland JV - 35 keyboard and a Roland
CM - 32P sound module and a Yamaha FB-01 module. I can't get the instruments
and the soundcard to play together. I can play the soundcard or the
instruments but not both. Any ideas?

Do I have to install each instrument in the Control Panels Multimedia Midi
settings by attaching each instrument directly up to the computer and choosing
Add New Instruments and then hook the instruments up properly after adding
them?

Eric D. Jackson

Midi set-up

Post by Nick Whi » Tue, 01 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I'm trying to switch my Midi set-up from my Amiga to my PC. I have a
>Soundscape Vivo in my PC. I also have a Roland JV - 35 keyboard and a Roland
>CM - 32P sound module and a Yamaha FB-01 module. I can't get the instruments
>and the soundcard to play together. I can play the soundcard or the
>instruments but not both. Any ideas?

>Do I have to install each instrument in the Control Panels Multimedia Midi
>settings by attaching each instrument directly up to the computer and choosing
>Add New Instruments and then hook the instruments up properly after adding
>them?

>Eric D. Jackson

If you are simply using the soundcard's internal MIDI, then you should
be able to get both to play at once. But many soundcards will not
allow MIDI In/Out when using their daughtercard slots (this includes
cards that have a daughtercard slot, but already have wavetable cards
onboard, such as the AWE64 cards)

You should install the DRIVERS as MIDI instruments (one for the
soundcard's own MIDI and one for the MIDI port that is on the
soundcard)

What software are you using to sequemce the MIDI stuff?

1. MIDI & audio set-up

control Korg O5R/W and Roland CM-64.

Hello everyone,
I have been using Studio Vision Pro 3.5 with MacOS 7.6.1 for the last
5 years. This software has played a Korg O5R/W and a Roland CM-64
synth through an Opcode Translator Pro Sync. This set-up has been
resonably satisfactory except that my Apple 7600/132 PPC could not
handle more than one audio track at a time.

I have upgraded my set-up and need help with a number of problems.
If anyone could help with any of the below I would be most grateful.
I would also appreciate suggestions as to where else I could post this
request.

I have bought a second-hand Apple G4 computer. The hard drive is
partitioned with one disk running MacOS 9 and the other running MacOS
X. I have installed the appropriate versions of Logic 5 audio on both
discs. I have a Midisport 2x2 USB to MIDI interface.

I need to open my old SVP documents in Logic but would also like to be
able to continue to work in SVP (in OS9) as I am familiar with the
software and have a deadline to meet.

I do not have a third party sound card (ie: using Apple Sound
Manager).

I have installed Studio Vision pro 4.2 and it will open but not
without problems:
    When I open SVP 4.2 it tells me that audio cannot work without
ASIO                  driver. Also warns me that option commands will
not work without keyboard layout 'vision'.

Studio Vision 4.5.1 could not be installed because:
Acadia--AcaMixer-DeleteChannels--FP8Aca Mixerss could not be found.
Is this a better version or should I stick with SVP 4.2 as it seems
closer to success?

OMS setup (OMS 2.3.8) is still refering to serial and modem ports
which I no longer have. (Have installed 'USB Device Extension' and
'USB OMSMIDI driver 1.1.2' in extension folder).

Where can I download a Korg O5R/W driver and a Roland CM-64 driver for
Mac OS 9.1?

Many thanks
Gerry Platt

Cc:
rec.audio.pro, rec.music.makers.electronic, rec.audio.tech ,
alt.music.midi , comp.music.midi, comp.sys.mac.apps

2. SBS2000 Reinstallation ? Exchange database recovery..?

3. Help !! midi switch set-up ??

4. Need Info on Braegen (sp?) dot matrix

5. Elton John's MIDI set-up: "Goodbye, England's Rose"

6. Cutting columns in Xemacs

7. MIDI Freeze-Ups

8. 3COM Office Connect Firewall

9. Home Studio Set-Up

10. Home Studio Set-up

11. My set-up: Can it work for Audio/Cubase?

12. Sequencing set-up?