Recommend Good Technical Reference?

Post by Rick Kerma » Sat, 04 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Greetings,

I have been asked to research the feasibility of building a midi
interface to convert an old church organ.  I have plenty of
experience designing and building electronics, but have no
previous knowledge of midi, other than the general impression
that it involves a serial communications protocol.

Can someone point me to a good technical reference that
will give me specifications on protocol, timing, voltage and
current levels, etc?

TIA,

http://www.bright.net/~rkerman

1. Good MIDI/AUDIO/ELECTRONIC/MUSIC Reference

I often see questions in this conference from MIDI cable wiring connector
profiles and circuits to patch names and other issues. The MUSIC TECHNOLOGY
REFERENCE BOOK, Buick and Lennard, PC Publishing, ISBN 1-870775-34-1, is a
good reference with some examples covering software, hardware, musical
composition issues, production techniques, acoustics, and so on for the
electronic musician and recording engineer.

This is a summary reference, not for a beginner, and offers insites into
complex issues that can lead to solutions. As an example, popular percussion
grooves are illustrated, sequencer effect basics, music tables, and lots of
MIDI reference material.

I purchased it for $15.95 US at Barnes and Noble. I get a lot of answers in
one place. Just passing this gem (IMHO) on.

2. Physical users and sendmail

3. Know a good MIDI reference book?

4. Indeo and Quicktime document ?

5. Recommend good soundcard for MIDI playback?

6. Performance comparisons (OleDbDataAdapter v/s SqlDataAdapter)

7. Please recommend a good PC Editor/Librarian

8. Basic listings

9. best pair of reference monitors?

10. C++ midi programming reference...

11. Where can I find a REFERENCE OF MIDI I/O MESSAGES

12. midi and C++ programming reference

13. Reference recommendations